Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can anyone help me....everytime I open an application,
such us, IE, or anything at all, the windows installer
pops up and tries to install something in Office XP.

I do not know what it is and just want to stop the
windows installer and get rid of it but it takes about 50
cancels for it to go away.

as soon as I open anything else (even a webpage) it pops
up again.

How do I stop this?
Thanks
victor

Hi Victor,

Similar problem happenned to my system after installing Adobe Acrobat 6.
While opening Adobe, Microsoft Office One Note package installer started
everytime, and it required 10 cancels for me to get rid of that dialog. Here
is what I did to resolve the problem:

Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products]

Locate the GUID (example, 0B79C053C7D38EE4AB9A00CB3B5D2472) for the
conflicting program (in your case, the Office XP installation) which you can
determine by looking at the "ProductName" value in the right-pane. Then
append the GUID with a - (hyphen)

Example: 0B79C053C7D38EE4AB9A00CB3B5D2472
becomes -0B79C053C7D38EE4AB9A00CB3B5D2472

Issue resolved, and no side-effects seen so far. Note that you can undo the
change anytime by again renaming the key if you want. Let's know how it
works for you.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"victor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Can anyone help me....everytime I open an application,
such us, IE, or anything at all, the windows installer
pops up and tries to install something in Office XP.

I do not know what it is and just want to stop the
windows installer and get rid of it but it takes about 50
cancels for it to go away.

as soon as I open anything else (even a webpage) it pops
up again.

How do I stop this?
Thanks
victor

Additionally:

How to troubleshoot Windows Installer-related issues that may occur when you
install or remove Money:

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k