Change the icon for active folder

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In Windows Explorer the same icon is used for all folders - if no
customization is used.
For the currently active folder another icon is used. But this icon is only
slightly different from the general folder icon.
How can I change the icon used to show the active folder. It would be nice
to have the traditional open-folder icon in red instead of yellow.

Kindly,
Helge

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Kelly's Korner has a script file available that would seem to do that
.... see the following:

"Change the Folder Icon &/or Opened Folder Icon"
Line #119 (right side)
(Courtesy of Kelly Theriot - MS-MVP)

I haven't tried it myself but it would appear to do what you want.
--
HTH - Fred

"Helge V. Larsen" <Helge.V.Larsen(RemoveThis)@Risoe.DK(AndThis)> wrote
in message news:chrkjd$4nd$1@news.net.uni-c.dk...
> In Windows Explorer the same icon is used for all folders - if no
> customization is used.
> For the currently active folder another icon is used. But this icon is
> only
> slightly different from the general folder icon.
> How can I change the icon used to show the active folder. It would be
> nice
> to have the traditional open-folder icon in red instead of yellow.
>
> Kindly,
> Helge

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/icon.html

War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
"Helge V. Larsen" <Helge.V.Larsen(RemoveThis)@Risoe.DK(AndThis)> wrote in message news:chrkjd$4nd$1@news.net.uni-c.dk...
> In Windows Explorer the same icon is used for all folders - if no
> customization is used.
> For the currently active folder another icon is used. But this icon is only
> slightly different from the general folder icon.
> How can I change the icon used to show the active folder. It would be nice
> to have the traditional open-folder icon in red instead of yellow.
>
> Kindly,
> Helge

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi David

It looks nice and easy - BUT the method in
http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/icon.html :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell
Icons]
"Number from list below"="Path to icon, Icon index"

is not for Windows XP Professional, but for Windows 98 !

Kindly,
Helge

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/icon.html

War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
"Helge V. Larsen" <Helge.V.Larsen(RemoveThis)@Risoe.DK(AndThis)> wrote in
message news:chrkjd$4nd$1@news.net.uni-c.dk...
> In Windows Explorer the same icon is used for all folders - if no
> customization is used.
> For the currently active folder another icon is used. But this icon is
only
> slightly different from the general folder icon.
> How can I change the icon used to show the active folder. It would be nice
> to have the traditional open-folder icon in red instead of yellow.
>
> Kindly,
> Helge

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

The information holds good for Windows XP as well.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Helge V. Larsen" <Helge.V.Larsen(RemoveThis)@Risoe.DK(AndThis)> wrote in