INTEL SHARES SINK TO NEW YEAR-LOW

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
"I'm expecting a potential disaster from Intel"; said Richard Whittington, an analyst at Caris & Co., in a telephone interview "At its development conference, Intel said its existing products are markedly inferior to its next-generation products, which is a red flag for customers not to buy. If you can get products that are much better in six months, why buy now?"

HA HA HA HA HA. Die Intel fanboys. :twisted:

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
"I'm expecting a potential disaster from Intel"; said Richard Whittington, an analyst at Caris & Co., in a telephone interview "At its development conference, Intel said its existing products are markedly inferior to its next-generation products, which is a red flag for customers not to buy. If you can get products that are much better in six months, why buy now?"

HA HA HA HA HA. Die Intel fanboys. :twisted: Is Intel getting retarded or something?

CallumN

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
853c58c85177680d2dc079b531f9acdb.th_164.gif

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

HA HA HA HA HA. Die Intel fanboys. :twisted:

*raises left eye brow*

iterations

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Yes it is interesting. Intel it currently trading at a P/E of 13.64 while AMD is trading at a P/E of 89.67. Intel's profit last quarter (and according to analyists, this quarter) is larger than AMD's entire revenue, so they will be fine in the long run.

Since P/E ratios almost always even out in the long term of any stock this would make Intel currently a much better investment, especially given their apparent technical dominance over the rest of this year.

Current products are always inferior to future products, else why make future products? Inteligent buyers know this, it would be stupid to think otherwise. All Intel did was clearly demonstrate how strong the future products are, and that clearly shook many people's assumptions.

Cheers!

mationman

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Intel are a bigger company and they can ride this out, they just got in macs too (cant believe I mentioned the M world here).
Im no fanboy I just want them both to do well all you amd fanboys say you want intel to die but if there were no intel there would be no competiton prices would go sky high.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
Sounds like an excellent buying opportunity to me. Things over at AMD are going as well as they possibly can. That doesn't leave much upside at all IMO.

Over at Intel, yes things are going shitty right now, which pushes the stock price lower obviously. Things are so bad in fact that I really don't see the stock price going much lower at all from here. Might possibly go as low as $15 but I would say thats it.

Then if the conroe/woodcrest offerings are successful, and Intel manages to recapture market share, it will have much much more upside than AMD at these current levels.

After watching the market for about the last 10 years, I have noticed it is quite common for stocks to go from darlings to dogs and then back to darlings again.

*I do not claim to be an expert and this is pure speculation on my part