opa

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

Hi All,
I cannot access the Safe Mode in WinXP Pro. By selecting Safe Mode (any),
the PC restarts with the same selection menu over and over again. Checked
with Spybot, AdAware, PestPatrol, etc, but PC seems to be clean. In normal
mode the PC works just fine. Any suggestions?
Greetings, Dolphe.

Opa, you were pretty vague on what you are doin. I'm assuming when you say "
By selecting Safe Mode (any)," you mean, safe mode/sm w/networking/ vga
mode? you got there clicking f8 correct? Okay, if that's what's going on,
I'm not those progies you mentioned will help ya, and I'm going to guess,
that, if you've recently installed adawares updated software, and if you may
have borrowed the Pro version, frome somebody... it's messin' up your
machine, cuz it checked to see if you bought it. (probably anywayz) So, is
what you're saying is, you can't logon at all now? cuz, try system restore.
Or, install winxp over the top of itself, by clicking next through all the
dialogue, and then when it finds the previous ver. on your drive, just use
the repair option. it's a pain, but, 20 minutes you're back on again. good
luck, Stealthy