Where can I get Canon Service Manuals?

Hi, this is my first post in this newsgroup. I have a Canon Printer
model i455 that needs to replace the waste ink absorver and that is
the reason I want to get the service manual to do it. Do you know some
web I can find it?

Thank you in advance.

--
Con Madrid, con las víctimas.

11-M: No olvidamos.

Fernando el Católico

Fernando el Católico wrote:
> Hi, this is my first post in this newsgroup. I have a Canon Printer
> model i455 that needs to replace the waste ink absorver and that is
> the reason I want to get the service manual to do it. Do you know some
> web I can find it?
>
> Thank you in advance.

When i dissasemble my i550, that ink absorber is simply a piece of sponge.
And you must remove top cover and whole mechanics to reach it. But, it's not
that difficult. After that you must reset printer...

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:17:46 +0100, "SleeperMan"
<SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:

>Fernando el Católico wrote:
>> Hi, this is my first post in this newsgroup. I have a Canon Printer
>> model i455 that needs to replace the waste ink absorver and that is
>> the reason I want to get the service manual to do it. Do you know some
>> web I can find it?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>
>When i dissasemble my i550, that ink absorber is simply a piece of sponge.
>And you must remove top cover and whole mechanics to reach it. But, it's not
>that difficult. After that you must reset printer...

Exactly! "After that you must reset printer..." That is the problem,
not the mechanical operation you describe here, that's easier. I need
to enter what they call "Service Mode" and reset the waste ink
counter. How did you do it?

Thank you, anyway.

--
Con Madrid, con las víctimas.

11-M: No olvidamos.

Fernando el Católico

Fernando el Católico wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:17:46 +0100, "SleeperMan"
> <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote:
>
>> Fernando el Católico wrote:
>>> Hi, this is my first post in this newsgroup. I have a Canon Printer
>>> model i455 that needs to replace the waste ink absorver and that is
>>> the reason I want to get the service manual to do it. Do you know
>>> some web I can find it?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> When i dissasemble my i550, that ink absorber is simply a piece of
>> sponge. And you must remove top cover and whole mechanics to reach
>> it. But, it's not that difficult. After that you must reset
>> printer...
>>

> Exactly! "After that you must reset printer..." That is the problem,
> not the mechanical operation you describe here, that's easier. I need
> to enter what they call "Service Mode" and reset the waste ink
> counter. How did you do it?
>
> Thank you, anyway.

here:

Start with the printer OFF

1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
2. release RESUME
3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
4. Let green light blink until printer is done futzing

Select function with RESUME press POWER to execute:

presses - light color - function

0 - green - Test print (or exit service mode on i960)
1 - orange - EEPROM info print (plus grid nozzle diagnostic on i960)
2 - green - EEPROM initialize
3 - orange - reset waste ink counter