Sign in with
Your question

A8R32-MVP Deluxe vs Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4

Last response: in Motherboards
April 13, 2006 2:09:32 PM

Looking for a new mobo for my x1900xt and am torn mainly between these 2 mobos. Which one is the most futureproof and best for ati cards? Id presume the mvp deluxe due to its ati chipset? Also which one do you think is best overall?
April 13, 2006 3:07:50 PM

I have been looking into getting the A8R32-MVP Deluxe as a new home for my x1900XT and from the reviews that ive read, its a damn good choice. As far as i can tell the boards are pretty much the same feature wise but Asus took into account all the user complaints when they updated the A8R32-MVP so its a little less 'buggy' so to speak. The MVP board overclocks like a bat out of hell...between that and the new 3200 chipset i doubt you would be dissapointed.

I ordered one of these yesterday and should have it to play with for the long weekend. Im really looking forward to it.
April 13, 2006 3:31:32 PM

Dont plan to overclock or crossfire so im wondering if the board is a little ott for me? Im planning to either get the
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra
or
Asus A8N-SLi SE nForce4 SLi
or the more expensive option
Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire.

Wondering what would be best for me, dont plan to overclock but would be handy to have the option im sure.
Related resources
April 13, 2006 7:27:30 PM

The A8R32-MVP is the perfect (for now) mate to the X1900XT.
Great potential if you decide to delve into oc'ng, and superb stability and performance if you remain stock.
Good onboard sound and networking too.
April 14, 2006 1:37:09 AM

Quote:
A8R32-MVP Deluxe wins. It's a no contest.

You can do SLI on A8R32-MVP Deluxe too.

Hmmm. Isn't running SLI on the A8R32-MVP conditional on blessing (driver) from Nvidia?
April 14, 2006 2:16:15 AM

Woot ! I just picked up the A8R32-MVP after work and am about to install it, just gonna grab the newest bios and drivers and such before i tear everything down. I will let you know how it likes my x1900XT compared to my ASRock 939Dual which gave it a nice home.
!