lost internet access - virus?

I am currently getting this message:
OPENING PAGE C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/SHDOCLC.DLL/DNSERROR.HTM...
It started 9/8/04. My norton anti virus is also affected. The setting have
been changed and it no longer appears on the taskbar. I have gone back to
9/7/04 and everything works great. I have downloaded the latest updates for
nortons, spybot and adware and scanned my computer. I can access the web one
time with IE or Netscape but after that I get the same message once again.
What should I try next?

map

"pjones8774" wrote:

> I am currently getting this message:
> OPENING PAGE C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/SHDOCLC.DLL/DNSERROR.HTM...
> It started 9/8/04. My norton anti virus is also affected. The setting have
> been changed and it no longer appears on the taskbar. I have gone back to
> 9/7/04 and everything works great. I have downloaded the latest updates for
> nortons, spybot and adware and scanned my computer. I can access the web one
> time with IE or Netscape but after that I get the same message once again.
> What should I try next?

Are you current with windows update?
There are several hits at google on this.

http://www.google.as/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=DNSERROR%2EHTM

You might also consider replacing the dll.It resides in your system32 folder.
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdoclc