lost internet access - virus?

I am currently getting this message:
OPENING PAGE C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/SHDOCLC.DLL/DNSERROR.HTM...
It started 9/8/04. My norton anti virus is also affected. The setting have
been changed and it no longer appears on the taskbar. I have gone back to
9/7/04 and everything works great. I have downloaded the latest updates for
nortons, spybot and adware and scanned my computer. I can access the web one
time with IE or Netscape but after that I get the same message once again.
What should I try next?
1 answer Last reply
More about lost internet access virus

    "pjones8774" wrote:

    > I am currently getting this message:
    > OPENING PAGE C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/SHDOCLC.DLL/DNSERROR.HTM...
    > It started 9/8/04. My norton anti virus is also affected. The setting have
    > been changed and it no longer appears on the taskbar. I have gone back to
    > 9/7/04 and everything works great. I have downloaded the latest updates for
    > nortons, spybot and adware and scanned my computer. I can access the web one
    > time with IE or Netscape but after that I get the same message once again.
    > What should I try next?

    Are you current with windows update?
    There are several hits at google on this.

    http://www.google.as/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=DNSERROR%2EHTM

    You might also consider replacing the dll.It resides in your system32 folder.
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdoclc

Internet Access Windows XP