Hardware for small Asterisk implementation

I'm planning on testing the Asterisk PBX and I am interested in the
hardware requirements for my situation. I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 on
a PII 400 MHz machine with 412 MB RAM. I have two analog lines that I
want to use. If the test goes well, I would like to add at least one
Cisco 79XX phone. My network is NATed and I'm using Comcast for my
broadband connection. I should also mention that I am using Vonage as
my "teleco" provider. I have read the hardware recommendations on the
Asterisk website, but I have to admit I'm very much a newbie in this
area.

Thanks.

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
> I'm planning on testing the Asterisk PBX and I am interested in the
> hardware requirements for my situation. I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 on
> a PII 400 MHz machine with 412 MB RAM. I have two analog lines that I
> want to use. If the test goes well, I would like to add at least one
> Cisco 79XX phone. My network is NATed and I'm using Comcast for my
> broadband connection. I should also mention that I am using Vonage as
> my "teleco" provider. I have read the hardware recommendations on the
> Asterisk website, but I have to admit I'm very much a newbie in this
> area.
>
> Thanks.

You should be able to find all you need to know about Asterisk here..

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+hardware+recommendations

The WiKi is the place for Asterisk information.

-- Soren