Hardware for small Asterisk implementation

I'm planning on testing the Asterisk PBX and I am interested in the
hardware requirements for my situation. I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 on
a PII 400 MHz machine with 412 MB RAM. I have two analog lines that I
want to use. If the test goes well, I would like to add at least one
Cisco 79XX phone. My network is NATed and I'm using Comcast for my
broadband connection. I should also mention that I am using Vonage as
my "teleco" provider. I have read the hardware recommendations on the
Asterisk website, but I have to admit I'm very much a newbie in this
area.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware small asterisk implementation

    Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
    > I'm planning on testing the Asterisk PBX and I am interested in the
    > hardware requirements for my situation. I'm running Red Hat Linux 9 on
    > a PII 400 MHz machine with 412 MB RAM. I have two analog lines that I
    > want to use. If the test goes well, I would like to add at least one
    > Cisco 79XX phone. My network is NATed and I'm using Comcast for my
    > broadband connection. I should also mention that I am using Vonage as
    > my "teleco" provider. I have read the hardware recommendations on the
    > Asterisk website, but I have to admit I'm very much a newbie in this
    > area.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You should be able to find all you need to know about Asterisk here..

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+hardware+recommendations

    The WiKi is the place for Asterisk information.

    -- Soren

VPN Hardware Networking