can one remove an item from Quick Launch Toolbar?

Hi - just got a Windows XP machine. Generally like it, but I have several
items showing on the Quick Launch toolbar that I would rather remove. I've
found several articles about ADDING to Quick Launch, but I can't seem to
REMOVE anything. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Navigate to the following folders and delete what you want.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:15A43B63-5982-47A0-8798-639711EC5F60@microsoft.com,
Confused Newbie <Confused Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> Hi - just got a Windows XP machine. Generally like it, but I have
> several items showing on the Quick Launch toolbar that I would rather
> remove. I've found several articles about ADDING to Quick Launch,
> but I can't seem to REMOVE anything. If anyone has any ideas, I'd
> love to hear them.

Hi, Newbie.

As the others said...

Or, just drag'n'drop. Drag the icon out of the QL toolbar to the Desktop
and drop it. Or drag an icon from the Desktop to QL. Of course, you'll
have to be sure the Taskbar is not locked.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Confused Newbie" <Confused Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:15A43B63-5982-47A0-8798-639711EC5F60@microsoft.com...
> Hi - just got a Windows XP machine. Generally like it, but I have several
> items showing on the Quick Launch toolbar that I would rather remove.
> I've
> found several articles about ADDING to Quick Launch, but I can't seem to
> REMOVE anything. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Right-click on that particular icon and choose Delete. To do it en masse,
open the following folder and delete the shortcuts:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Click Start/Run and type the above path.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k