Where are the active sync experts? Mobile schededule probl..

October 20, 2004 10:57:49 PM

I posted this before, however no one replied. Hope I can find a pro
this time around.

I have a new Ipaq 6315 and I use WiFi during the day to sync to my
desktop using Mobile Schedule options. The settings are as follows.

I have the peak time set to Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM.
Sync time check every 30 minutes.
Off Peak and Roaming set to Manual.

Problem: During periods outside the off peak times, Activesync ignores
the options and keeps trying to sync. I get the following message
constantly. This is very annoying and it's draining my battery.

--------------------------------------
Cannot start
Communications with the
desktop computer.
Reconnect your device. If
the problem persists, see
Microsoft Activesync Help.
---------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Gary Kahrau - VP Technology
kahrau@monair.com (W)
gkahrau@optonline.net (H)
Stellex Monitor Aerospace Corp.
October 20, 2004 10:57:50 PM

I bet you would get better responses if you posted your question in the
activesync NG.

"Gary Kahrau" <gkahrau@optonline.com> wrote in message
news:o 7rdn09tmud58jtnqgopmabhdkd41rmc5f@4ax.com...
>I posted this before, however no one replied. Hope I can find a pro
> this time around.
>
> I have a new Ipaq 6315 and I use WiFi during the day to sync to my
> desktop using Mobile Schedule options. The settings are as follows.
>
> I have the peak time set to Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM.
> Sync time check every 30 minutes.
> Off Peak and Roaming set to Manual.
>
> Problem: During periods outside the off peak times, Activesync ignores
> the options and keeps trying to sync. I get the following message
> constantly. This is very annoying and it's draining my battery.
>

> --------------------------------------
> Cannot start
> Communications with the
> desktop computer.
> Reconnect your device. If
> the problem persists, see
> Microsoft Activesync Help.
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

> Gary Kahrau - VP Technology
> kahrau@monair.com (W)
> gkahrau@optonline.net (H)
> Stellex Monitor Aerospace Corp.
October 21, 2004 12:52:10 AM

Thanks,

I did not know there was an activesync NG.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:55:24 -0500, "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote:

>I bet you would get better responses if you posted your question in the
>activesync NG.
>
>"Gary Kahrau" <gkahrau@optonline.com> wrote in message
>news:o 7rdn09tmud58jtnqgopmabhdkd41rmc5f@4ax.com...
>>I posted this before, however no one replied. Hope I can find a pro
>> this time around.
>>
>> I have a new Ipaq 6315 and I use WiFi during the day to sync to my
>> desktop using Mobile Schedule options. The settings are as follows.
>>
>> I have the peak time set to Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM.
>> Sync time check every 30 minutes.
>> Off Peak and Roaming set to Manual.
>>
>> Problem: During periods outside the off peak times, Activesync ignores
>> the options and keeps trying to sync. I get the following message
>> constantly. This is very annoying and it's draining my battery.
>>

>> --------------------------------------
>> Cannot start
>> Communications with the
>> desktop computer.
>> Reconnect your device. If
>> the problem persists, see
>> Microsoft Activesync Help.
>> ---------------------------------------
>>
>> Any ideas on how to fix this?

>> Gary Kahrau - VP Technology
>> kahrau@monair.com (W)
>> gkahrau@optonline.net (H)
>> Stellex Monitor Aerospace Corp.

Gary Kahrau - VP Technology
kahrau@monair.com (W)
gkahrau@optonline.net (H)
Stellex Monitor Aerospace Corp.
October 21, 2004 12:52:11 AM

Look for microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync