HardPhone with headset

Hi,

I'm after some advice or information about hardware IP phones that have a
headset option. I've had a look at a few suppliers that were listed on
http://www.voip-info.org/. Their datasheets are not that clear.

Can anyone recommend an IPphone that can be used with a headset.

TIA
Paul
--
Paul Jones, Software Engineer
Macfarlane TeleSystems Limited

    Hi!

    >I'm after some advice or information about hardware IP phones that have a
    >headset option. I've had a look at a few suppliers that were listed on
    >http://www.voip-info.org/. Their datasheets are not that clear.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend an IPphone that can be used with a headset.

    cisco 7960 has an headset port and it works with SIP images
    (that's what I tested).

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23 pi@LF.net

    All the major PBX manufacturers also make IP phones (Nortel, Avaya,
    Inter-Tel, Cisco, Mitel, etc). Most have headset jacks.

    Note: voip-info.org is rather incomplete, failing to include info from many
    of the main manufacturers of equipment.

    "Paul Jones" <no.spam@my.mailbox> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm after some advice or information about hardware IP phones that have a
    > headset option. I've had a look at a few suppliers that were listed on
    > http://www.voip-info.org/. Their datasheets are not that clear.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an IPphone that can be used with a headset.
    >
    > TIA
    > Paul
    > --
    > Paul Jones, Software Engineer
    > Macfarlane TeleSystems Limited
    > Voice: +44 20 7314 1314
    > Fax: +44 20 7314 1315

    "Paul Jones" <no.spam@my.mailbox> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm after some advice or information about hardware IP phones that have a
    > headset option. I've had a look at a few suppliers that were listed on
    > http://www.voip-info.org/. Their datasheets are not that clear.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend an IPphone that can be used with a headset.
    >
    > TIA
    > Paul
    > --
    > Paul Jones, Software Engineer
    > Macfarlane TeleSystems Limited
    > Voice: +44 20 7314 1314
    > Fax: +44 20 7314 1315

    Most phones don't have a headset socket, so you either have to just plug a
    headset into the handset socket and do without the handset, or buy an
    external box into which both the headset and handset plug so that you can
    switch between them. For some reason most phone makers don't realise how
    many people use headsets. I can give more information on the switching boxes
    if you want.
    RuthWest

    The Cisco 7960 has a headset socket.

    "Ruth" <ruthwest@onetel.com> wrote in message

    > "Paul Jones" <no.spam@my.mailbox> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm after some advice or information about hardware IP phones that have
    > > headset option. I've had a look at a few suppliers that were listed on
    > > http://www.voip-info.org/. Their datasheets are not that clear.
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend an IPphone that can be used with a headset.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Paul
    > > --
    > > Paul Jones, Software Engineer
    > > Macfarlane TeleSystems Limited
    > > Voice: +44 20 7314 1314
    > > Fax: +44 20 7314 1315
    >
    > Most phones don't have a headset socket, so you either have to just plug a
    > headset into the handset socket and do without the handset, or buy an
    > external box into which both the headset and handset plug so that you can
    > switch between them. For some reason most phone makers don't realise how
    > many people use headsets. I can give more information on the switching
    boxes
    > if you want.
    > RuthWest

vpn Gaming Headsets IP Phone Networking