Recommendations for KVM with DVI, USB, and Sound?

raven70

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I currently use a Starview SV211KA (from Startech) for my current setup. It uses analog video, PS2 mouse and keyboard, and 2 channel sound. Although my system will support multichannel, I am happy with the 2.1 setup I currently have. However, I want to move to an digital LCD setup and move into the 21 century with USB mouse and keyboard. Most of the review I have found have been VERY mixed on a good KVM with USB, DVI, and sound. Any recommendations? Thanks.

BTW, if this has already been asked, which I thought it must be, the search would not return anything on "KVM."

oldsaw

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
I use a Linkskey USB-type, and I really like it. It does display one little quirk though: If you shutdown or reboot one of the attached computers you must first have the switch set for the other one; if not then the computer you rebooted will not be able to recognize the keyboard. Keep that in mind, and it will work wonderfully for you. This particular model has a manual control switch on its case which I consider to be an essential feature without which you might not be able to switch off of a crashed or otherwise inoperative machine. Newegg, as usual, seems to have the best price