SiSoftware Sandra On Steroids...Or Ecstacy...

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
In your dreams everything is possible :wink:

I've already had the discussion of "Mike photoshopped that" and proven I suck @ photoshop....I don't even have it installed. I ran multiple tests, and I find out that everytime I move my mouse or try and do something while the test is running, it ends up giving me 8GB/s - 33GB/s Memory bandwidth, which is weird as hell.

~~Mad Mod Mike, fixin' the world 1 rig at a time

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
If using a USB mouse, consider unplugging it for the duration of the tests to avoid accidentially moving it.

Run the test 2-3 times and check if the results differ.

The application says "...do not move the mouse..." during testing.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
If using a USB mouse, consider unplugging it for the duration of the tests to avoid accidentially moving it.

Run the test 2-3 times and check if the results differ.

The application says "...do not move the mouse..." during testing.

Same thing happens, but instead of being up to 32GB/s, it's just 12GB/s. I run Everest and it gives me constant 7.3GB/s, which I believe given my speed and efficiency. I know Sandra is F*D, that programs always been freakin' weird.

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Considering NUMA is off in those shots it points towards another application doing something it shouldn't be.

Possibly the mouse drivers, but I highly doubt it is them. (You're not moving the mouse during testing are you ?)

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
imagine if u really did have bandwith like that. i remember like 3 or so years ago when dad had is old athlon 600mhz cpu-z reported it as 60000mhz

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Considering NUMA is off in those shots it points towards another application doing something it shouldn't be.

Possibly the mouse drivers, but I highly doubt it is them. (You're not moving the mouse during testing are you ?)

I would sure hope on a 1S system that NUMA isn't there. It's a USB mouse, yea, but I know Sandra is just acting weird. What's gonna be funny is faking my friend to thinking it beats his Dual AMD64 NUMA setup, hehee.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
imagine if u really did have bandwith like that. i remember like 3 or so years ago when dad had is old athlon 600mhz cpu-z reported it as 60000mhz

I liked booting my ASUS A8N-SLI up for the first time and seeing my 3700+ as being 5005MHz, lol.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
that is crazy... at 232 2-4-4-8 Sandra reports my bandwidth to be 5GBs/sec or somethin, so no way in hell could that be 12GBs/sec.

I already said Sandra if f*d up, it gives me up to 33GB/s sometimes.