Sign in with
Your question

Which Epox SLi board would you recommend?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 14, 2006 3:16:30 AM

Which of these 3 Epox SLi boards would you recommend, I notice that the A3 version (top) needs no paddles for SLi operation, it's the cheapest of the three. I'd also like to know what is the difference between the A+ model (middle) and the AJ model (bottom) apart from the exhaust fan in the picture ... thanks for any feedback.

http://www.hidebehind.com/701A74A

EP-9NPA3 SLI (top)

EP-9NPA+ SLI (middle)

EP-9NPAJ SLI (bottom)
April 14, 2006 4:27:14 AM

the top one im guessing

change to sli with BIOS

=]

jesus loves
April 14, 2006 8:15:57 AM

so paddles aren't good, do they hamper SLi performance?
Related resources
April 14, 2006 8:53:40 AM

I have the Epox EP9NPAJ SLi motherboard, it's quite stable etc but i do miss the thermo stick and firewire that comes with the EP9NPA+ SLi board, it also has a better bundle with it. However one thing they both lack is a printer port which is a tad annoying but most printers use USB cables aswell.
April 14, 2006 12:44:31 PM

I am seriously considering the A3 version because it's cheaper and I don't need firewire or the extra SATA controller offered by A+ version. I want to overclock this board but cannot find a single review on the A3 anywhere on the internet. I'm sure there will be differences in the overclocking capabilities of these 2 boards ... take a look at the power supply systems, there are distinct differences between the A3 and A+ boards, I have circled them in red, and I do know that power supply is all important when it comes to overclocking ...

http://www.hidebehind.com/57B44F10
October 25, 2006 4:53:59 PM

Only comment is the cpu, 939 is the current budget cpu after the 754, I haven't seen the 939 becoming hard to find yet just something to keep in mind.
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2006 5:55:57 PM

Well for what its worth to you I own an EPoX EP-9NPA3 SLI running an FX57 OC'd, 2gb Corsair PC3500 Pro RAM @ CAS2, 2 MSI 7800GTXs OC'd and BIOS flashed, X-FI Extreme Music PCI Soundcard, its a rock solid M/B, it OCs well and so far not the first problem has arisen with the X-FI soundcard as some have had.

Had her 6 months now, really don't know what else to tell you, would I buy this same M/B for a second machine? Absolutely!
October 25, 2006 6:33:04 PM

Quote:
Well for what its worth to you I own an EPoX EP-9NPA3 SLI running an FX57 OC'd, 2gb Corsair PC3500 Pro RAM @ CAS2, 2 MSI 7800GTXs OC'd and BIOS flashed, X-FI Extreme Music PCI Soundcard, its a rock solid M/B, it OCs well and so far not the first problem has arisen with the X-FI soundcard as some have had.

Had her 6 months now, really don't know what else to tell you, would I buy this same M/B for a second machine? Absolutely!

that sounds like a sweet setup, I'm envious. So what game can't that thing run in full quality....LOL.
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2006 9:28:40 PM

Quote:
that sounds like a sweet setup, I'm envious. So what game can't that thing run in full quality....LOL.

So far none!

I have run into some older games that I have to disable the SLI and run single card but even single card I can max the settings but the games I really like to play like FarCry, and F.E.A.R. that I've played over an over are just awesome maxed out.
!