New toner cartridge not printing

I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet (4ML).
I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).

So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of ink)
and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of ink.

I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these sheer
coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
make it print??

TIA

BobS

Did you pull the plastic strip out of the end of the cartridge - as per the
instructions?

Bob S.

<0b3hks001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet (4ML).
> I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
> one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).
>
> So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
> pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of ink)
> and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of ink.
>
> I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these sheer
> coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
> make it print??
>
> TIA

0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
> I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet (4ML).
> I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
> one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).
>
> So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
> pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of ink)
> and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of ink.
>
> I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these sheer
> coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
> make it print??
>
> TIA

Toner... no "Ink" in a laserjet cartridge, and there is no ink in a
Xerox copy either.

Look at all the places where electrical contact can be made between the
cartridge and the printer.

If electrical contacts aren't made when required, the cartridge won't work.

If your old cartridge somehow damaged the contacts, it is possible that
the old cartridge can still make contact electrically, but the new
cartridges can't.

You would easily end up with BLANK pages in the case of defective
electrical contacts.

Wherever you see metal on the toner cartridge is a possible electrical
contact....

Wherever the metal on the cartridge could touch the printer is the other
half of the possible electrical contact.

Compare the metal parts of the new and old cartridges.

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On 28 Jan 2005 17:28:06 -0800, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:

>I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet (4ML).
>I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
>one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).
>
>So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
>pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of ink)
>and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of ink.
>
>I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these sheer
>coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
>make it print??

Heat unit fubar, but most likely a foreign object inside the printer.

jbuch wrote:
> 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
> > I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet
(4ML).
> > I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me
another
> > one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).
> >
> > So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
> > pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of
ink)
> > and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of
ink.

> > I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these
sheer
> > coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
> > make it print??
> >
> > TIA
> >

> Toner... no "Ink" in a laserjet cartridge, and there is no ink in a
> Xerox copy either.
>
> Look at all the places where electrical contact can be made between
the
> cartridge and the printer.
>
> If electrical contacts aren't made when required, the cartridge won't
work.

> If your old cartridge somehow damaged the contacts, it is possible
that
> the old cartridge can still make contact electrically, but the new
> cartridges can't.
>
> You would easily end up with BLANK pages in the case of defective
> electrical contacts.
>
> Wherever you see metal on the toner cartridge is a possible
electrical
> contact....
>
> Wherever the metal on the cartridge could touch the printer is the
other
> half of the possible electrical contact.
>
> Compare the metal parts of the new and old cartridges.

All the metal parts are approximately the same. How do I determine
whether there are any minute differences between the two?

TIA

pete wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2005 17:28:06 -0800, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
>
> >I bought a new remanufactured toner cartridge for my HP laserjet
(4ML).
> >I print some TEST pages. The ink was light; so they send me another
> >one. And this one doesn't print at all (prints BLANK pages).
> >
> >So I decided to buy a HP toner cartridge. This one gives me BLANK
> >pages ALSO. I put back my old cartridge (that is running out of
ink)
> >and it prints -- though light and uneven because of running out of
ink.

> >I did pull out the "tape" from these new cartridges. Are these
sheer
> >coincidences?? And is there some tweak/adjustment that I can do to
> >make it print??
>
> Heat unit fubar, but most likely a foreign object inside the printer.

What does "Heat unit fubar" mean?

I took out the cartridge and look inside with a flashlight; and I don't
see any objects in there. Do I need to look more thoroughly? If yes,
how?

TIA

I am curious. How come my reply does not show quoted text in the
reply, whereas jbuch's and pete's replies automatically show quoted
text? What do I need to do to Reply so that it *automatically* show
the quoted text without the viewer having to click "show quoted text"?
TIA

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On 30 Jan 2005 13:22:18 -0800, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:

>> Heat unit fubar, but most likely a foreign object inside the printer.
>
>What does "Heat unit fubar" mean?

The heat unit is also called the fuser assembly (google is your friend)

Fubar - there you are, I spared you the bother of googling:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=fubar

Arthur Entlich wrote:
> Which email client are you using (Netscape, Outlook Express, Edora,
etc?)

> Most allow you to select in preferences if you wish the text of the
> message you are responding to to be quoted in your reply.

It has nothing to do with my email client -- because I am replying on
Google's web site. Or may be that's why. Jbuch and pete use their
email clients to reply; and their quoted text automatically show up;
whereas Google suppresses mine (until the reader clicks on "show quoted
text", even though I SEE the quoted text as I am typing the reply) ???

Does groups-beta.google.com/group has a setting to automatically show
ALL quoted text -- clicking on "show quoted text" on each reply message
is a real nusance.

> 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
>
> > I am curious. How come my reply does not show quoted text in the
> > reply, whereas jbuch's and pete's replies automatically show
quoted
> > text? What do I need to do to Reply so that it *automatically*
show
> > the quoted text without the viewer having to click "show quoted
text"?
> > TIA

Which email client are you using (Netscape, Outlook Express, Edora, etc?)

Most allow you to select in preferences if you wish the text of the
message you are responding to to be quoted in your reply.

Art

0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:

> I am curious. How come my reply does not show quoted text in the
> reply, whereas jbuch's and pete's replies automatically show quoted
> text? What do I need to do to Reply so that it *automatically* show
> the quoted text without the viewer having to click "show quoted text"?
> TIA

Nothing like a acronym with at least 11 different meanings.

No consusion there...

Art

pete wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2005 13:22:18 -0800, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
>

>>>Heat unit fubar, but most likely a foreign object inside the printer.
>>
>>What does "Heat unit fubar" mean?
>>

> The heat unit is also called the fuser assembly (google is your friend)
>
> Fubar - there you are, I spared you the bother of googling:
> http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=fubar

That was supposed to read:

No confusion there...

Art

pete wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2005 13:22:18 -0800, 0b3hks001@sneakemail.com wrote:
>

>>>Heat unit fubar, but most likely a foreign object inside the printer.
>>
>>What does "Heat unit fubar" mean?
>>

> The heat unit is also called the fuser assembly (google is your friend)
>
> Fubar - there you are, I spared you the bother of googling:
> http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=fubar

Hmmm, I don't honestly know. I use an email/news client... never
bothered with Google or Yahoo for either service. However, I would
guess most have some type of preference file you can create and
maintain, as long as you need to log in anyway to use the service (and I
assume accept cookies).

Art