Sign in with
Your question

Video Card

Last response: in Overclocking
April 14, 2006 1:02:12 PM

Im new to the overclocking scene, I have read a few "how to's" so I think I know enuff to be dangerous.

I recently purchased a XFX PVT43ANDFB Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

I havent tried OC'ing it yet, and before I do I'd like to get some input from you guys. Im looking to replace the stock cooler on the card. Any suggestions? Im lookin to get as much performance as i can out of this card. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

More about : video card

April 24, 2006 11:23:47 PM

well that depends on how much u can spare.
i mean, an aftermarket cooler would cost somewhere between 30 to 60, and a mod would cost u less than 10 bucks.

okay here's the rank:
1. zalman or artic cooler (highly recommand zalman ones, VF-700, fits in virtually every board u can find)
2. pci-fan. add in a pci-fan (can be retail or mod). something to blow air at the graphics card. believe me, that'll drop the temperature somewhere between 5 to 10 C
3. desperate solution: no money + pcifan not cool enough: heatsink mod. try searching 6600GT heatsink mod on google. basically u take a stock heatsink from whatever previous system u have (P3-SocketA) that's around 60mm x 60mm or smaller, and replace the stock heatsink with that using either superglue-on-the-corner or zip-tie, or u can drill holes on the heatsink if u have the tool. highly recommand "yao yao's method" (zip-tie on fin)
!