HP inkjet with high capacity black

Is there any HP inkjet that still uses the 51645A,
equivalent, or similarly high capacity black cartridge?

My aging 820 has starting to have problems picking
paper, and with special thanks to M$, it can't do double
sided printing from W2K.

I don't print photos, or much in color aside from
maps from mapquest.com, so as long as the color
quality is no worse than the 820s, it should be OK.

> My aging 820 has starting to have problems picking paper,

Rub the pick-up rollers with sandpaper, or similar abrasive.
Do it **gently** and cover the entire surface of each roller.

Works wonders ...

Bloggy

"Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote in message

> > Speaking of volume, is any of the new blacks come
> > in a cartridge with more than 21 ml of ink?
>
> The Business Inkjet 1200 has 69mL black cartridges.

I know that those ink only cartridges are are all relatively high
volume. (didn't know the exact #, though) What I meant to ask
whether there is a high volume (say, >30 ml) black cartridge with
a 15/16 pl drop size and a built in printhead like the venerable 45.
I know that the spring bag can hold quite a bit of ink.

>> How does the "Vivera" inkset differs from the ones used in the
>
> Waterfastness is similar. Both waterfastness and
> lightfastness are heavily influenced by the paper. Unfortunately paper
> excellent for one is generally only fair for the other.

Is there any coating that can be put on a printout without any
degradation or adverse effect to protect it from water and
sweaty hands? If I remember right, Canon had (or have) a
printer that actually did that.

> As it turns out most of the composition of a typical photo
> is actually in the gray levels. When the gray cartridge was
> proposed I must confess I was not a big supporter, but in
> side by side comparisons it does provide noticeably improved
> details.

Yes indeed. As for the number of inks, do you see any further
expansion? I can't imagine many more shades within the current
colors (yellow is light as-is), but I think in professional printing
there's also violet and orange inks.

TIA

> If the real question you are asking is "is there a black print cartridge
with
> a 15 or 16 pL drop size that will give an equivalent page yield as the
> venerable HP #45 cartridge?" the answer would be yes. The #96 cartridge,
> although rated at 21mL of ink, is rated at 800 pages per cartridge in the
> DeskJet 6540 printer. This compares favorably with the 833 page yield of
the
> larger #45 cartridge.

OK, that's good to know, assuming the coverage was the same.
I guess the "side effect" of this is no more soaked paper when printing
large black areas.

> What kind of printing do you want to do?

I mostly do black text (source code) with some webpages thrown in,
but girlfriend just filled up a 512 mb CF card 3 times (!!) during a few
days in Hawaii, so I do expect some photo printing in the near future,
unless we can get those printed out for a reasonable price somewhere
else. She does have a reasonably recent Deskjet (much newer than
my 820) she bought for around $100 without consulting with me first,
so of course it has small cartridges. :-(

For myself, I'm leaning toward a 1200dn, but I might get a more photo
oriented printer both of us could use, or maybe one solely for photos
and one for everything else. I just need to get acquinted with the pros
and cons of the currently available inkjet printers.

TRENDING THREADS