Steve-O2006

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Hi,
As you have noticed from my thread below, my Hiper Type R PSU Blew up on me... So Instead of waiting another week or 2 to get it replaced, I was just going to goto PC World and grab one from their... I have noticed they have a Jeantech 450Watt PSU for £40 and might go and get one tomorrow. I just wanted to know, is JEANTECH any good?

Thanks

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
dont think so never heard of em, go with Antec or OCZ, OCZ powerstream 520w or Antec Truepower series

or FSP group/Forton source/sparkle, all make good PSU's and good prices

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
Pc power and cooling

Ultra power supplies

Antec

i dont like those Jap , korean or whatever those off brand power supplies

get one with A good product Reputation

:wink:

ProdigyMS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Never heard of them, which probably means they don't have a good rep, and could blow up just like your last PSU. Never cheap out or get a bad branded PSU. Always go with Antec, PC Power & Cooling, OCZ, E-Power/Tagan, and I hear a lot of good things from FSP Group from these forums. All the gaming computers I have built, I used Tagan 480Watt PSU's "TG-480-U22". They are very nice, and I have yet to have any problems with them. I would definately suggest that PSU.

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
From what I've read elsewhere Enermax and Thermaltake also make OK powersupplies. I own an Antec which seems to be doing OK although its only a SmartPower 2.0 and not a Truepower (my voltages are all a bit low). PC Power & Cooling is Ultimate but a lot of money.

-mcg

Edit: to clarify I mentioned Enermax and Thermaltake IN ADDITION to brands others have mentioned. I don't disagree with any of the options mentioned before my post. To anyone: Feel free to contradict me. I don't own Enermax or Thermaltake PSUs and don't particularly care. I'm just adding what I've read elsewhere.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ultra is a BRAND for TigerDirect, their power supplies are lower midrange quality at upper midrange price. How they managed to get other companies (besides their parent company) to sell their brand is beyond me. To me that sound like buying K-Mart brand tools at Wall-Mart.

Steve-O2006

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
bought the Jeantech and so far so good :D Everything is still alive :)

heres what happened to the Hiper within 0.1seconds of use -

looks like a capacitor blew or was already damaged...

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
BillyJeanTech PSU? Sounds like a hick beat it together in the back of a trailer. Get a name brand like SeaSonic, Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, etc.

Happy Easter/Pesach (I'm Jewish)