Lexmark

I have Lexmark 3200 which had been working fine on Win 98. I upgraded
my system to XP Pro. The system hardware installation wizard asked me
for the Lexmark drivers which I downloaded from the company site,posted
as xp compatible. When I try to install the driver XP tells me it isn't
a signed driver. I chode to install any way but my printer gets jammed
whenever I try to print test page.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

On 29 Jan 2005 00:06:30 -0800, "zeberga" <Birhanu@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have Lexmark 3200 which had been working fine on Win 98. I upgraded
>my system to XP Pro. The system hardware installation wizard asked me
>for the Lexmark drivers which I downloaded from the company site,posted
>as xp compatible. When I try to install the driver XP tells me it isn't
>a signed driver. I chode to install any way but my printer gets jammed
>whenever I try to print test page.
>Any suggestion?
>
>Thanks

Yes. Lexmark printer jams are normal due to the poor quality of the
printers. Buy something that works. Any one of Epson, Canon or HP will
do.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

zeberga wrote:
> I have Lexmark 3200 which had been working fine on Win 98. I upgraded
> my system to XP Pro. The system hardware installation wizard asked me
> for the Lexmark drivers which I downloaded from the company
> site,posted as xp compatible. When I try to install the driver XP
> tells me it isn't a signed driver. I chode to install any way but my
> printer gets jammed whenever I try to print test page.
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks

Damn...you have that old lex still living? man, it's owfully loud and
expensive printer...Did you consider that buying two carts you get whole new
printer? Get one of Canon's or Epson's---their carts are cheap.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 02:10:07 +0000, Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote:

>On 29 Jan 2005 00:06:30 -0800, "zeberga" <Birhanu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have Lexmark 3200 which had been working fine on Win 98. I upgraded
>>my system to XP Pro. The system hardware installation wizard asked me
>>for the Lexmark drivers which I downloaded from the company site,posted
>>as xp compatible. When I try to install the driver XP tells me it isn't
>>a signed driver. I chode to install any way but my printer gets jammed
>>whenever I try to print test page.
>>Any suggestion?
>>
>>Thanks
>
>Yes. Lexmark printer jams are normal due to the poor quality of the
>printers. Buy something that works. Any one of Epson, Canon or HP will
>do.
>
> --
>
>Hecate - The Real One
>Hecate@newsguy.com
>veni, vidi, reliqui

My own experiences with my 3200 aren't nearly so "jam packed" as
yours. The only times I've managed to jam it was because:

1. Wrong thickness setting. Really, there's only two, thick (for
envelopes and cards) and thin (for regular paper). Having it set to
thick when using paper causes it to feed multiple sheets and jam up
that way. Keep it on the thin setting for normal use.

2. Adjust the paper alignment detent (that thingy on the feeder that
guides the paper?). If it's set too tight or too lose, it can jam up.
Too tight, and the paper gets held up by it, too lose, and it goes in
crooked.

Otherwise, it fed without problems.

The only reason why I retired it was because the current production
Lexmark cartridges just refuse to work well in my 3200. Had the thing
6 years and with decent quality cartridges it ran very reliably and
had great print quality. Retired it last month and replaced it with a
Canon i560. The old 3200 still works, and with decent cartridges I'd
probably keep using it. It's just that Lexmark's recent cartridges
clog up every 3rd page or so, requiring manual cleaning, which got
tiresome pretty quickly. The older ones from their Malaysian and
Singapore factories work fine, but all the new stock is "made in
Mexico", and it just wasn't worth the effort to track down the older
cartridges.

MCheu

I have the same problem with Lexmark P707.I think that problem is Lexmark's
XP-driver and few years old pc with USB 1.1.
Lexmark support doesn't help with that problem.
See eg.
http://www.webuser.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PC&Number=80779&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=9&o=93&part=

Esa

"MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> kirjoitti