Canon IP4000 & cd-r printing

I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
cloth ?
11 answers Last reply
More about canon ip4000 printing

    "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
    > experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
    > smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
    > cloth ?

    I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works
    very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so
    can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a
    label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.

    Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where.
    John.

    --

    * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*

    *if you can do that*

    * You Can Make Anything Happen *

    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000

    That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not sure
    what one has to do about the power supply.

    "John H." <jhensleys@att.net> wrote in message
    > Did you buy your printer in the usa.If so where.
    > John.
    >
    > Caitlin wrote:
    > > "george" <ddaish@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I am thinking of buying this Canon but would like to know if anyone has
    > >>experience of printing directly onto cd-r. Are the printed images
    > >>smudged or damaged by water - such as when wiping clean with a damp
    > >>cloth ?
    > >>

    > > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it
    works
    > > very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though
    so
    > > can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to
    > > label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.
    > >

    > --
    >

    > * Magic Is Believing In Yourself*
    >
    > *if you can do that*
    >
    > * You Can Make Anything Happen *

    Caitlin, thanks for the reply - & sticking to the subject !

    Dan G wrote:
    > http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
    >
    > That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not sure
    > what one has to do about the power supply.

    There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
    within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers etc) the socket
    for the power lead is usually a figure 8 shape with the appropriate
    voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
    supplied.

    "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message news:cth65c$tt4$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...

    > Dan G wrote:
    >> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
    >>
    >> That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not
    >> sure
    >> what one has to do about the power supply.
    >>

    > There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
    > within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers etc) the socket
    > for the power lead is usually a figure 8 shape with the appropriate
    > voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
    > supplied.

    There is nothing on the back of my IP4000 to indicate this, and there
    certainly is no voltage converter 'brick' like many other bits of equipment
    I have that can handle multi voltage (laptop computer etc).

    What do you base this statement on?

    Caitlin wrote:
    > "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote in message news:cth65c$tt4$1@nnrp.waia.asn.au...
    >

    >>Dan G wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_IP3000
    >>>
    >>>That place is reported to be selling imported Canon printers. I'm not
    >>>sure
    >>>what one has to do about the power supply.
    >>>

    >>There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
    >>within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers etc) the socket
    >>for the power lead is usually a figure 8 shape with the appropriate
    >>voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
    >>supplied.
    >>

    > There is nothing on the back of my IP4000 to indicate this, and there
    > certainly is no voltage converter 'brick' like many other bits of equipment
    > I have that can handle multi voltage (laptop computer etc).
    >
    > What do you base this statement on?

    The canon we have here and the epson

    In article Rob says...
    > >>There now using a multi voltage sensor, 110-240V, in the power supply
    > >>within the printers (like MAC computers phone chargers etc) the socket
    > >>for the power lead is usually a figure 8 shape with the appropriate
    > >>voltage plug attached. So the only difference is what power lead is
    > >>supplied.
    > >>

    > > There is nothing on the back of my IP4000 to indicate this, and there
    > > certainly is no voltage converter 'brick' like many other bits of equipment
    > > I have that can handle multi voltage (laptop computer etc).
    > >
    > > What do you base this statement on?
    > >

    > The canon we have here and the epson

    The i865 had the figure 8 cord to local mains plug but the selfcontained
    powerbrick in the base of the printer wasn't universal voltage. The i865
    had no markings apart from what was moulded onto the powerunit. If the
    iP4000 has a similar unit it would pay to check in case.

    I have been very pleased with this feature on my Canon IP5000 and have
    produced very creditable results, including printing a list of tracks on the
    CD and if you wish, inserting a picture of the artist .

    The "Background Settings" - "Gradation" - "Color Sample", produces some
    amazing results.

    Regarding the smudging, I tried rubbing the print on a discarded CD with a
    wet finger, and the print smudged slightly.

    Bob
    Remove "NO SPAM" to reply

    Caitlin wrote:
    > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it works
    > very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though so
    > can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different to a
    > label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.

    Is CD/DVD printing a feature of any of the IP4000 models sold in the US?

    I can't find it mentioned at any vendor site or usa.canon.com

    Bob

    "Bob O`Bob" <filterbob@yahoogroups.com> wrote in message
    > Caitlin wrote:
    > > I've used the CD/DVD printing feature quite a bit and have found it
    > works
    >> very well - the images look great. I haven't wet any of the DVDs though
    >> so can't comment on this. I can't imagine that it would be any different
    >> to a label printed on paper stock, as it's just a feature of the ink.
    >

    > Is CD/DVD printing a feature of any of the IP4000 models sold in the US?
    >
    > I can't find it mentioned at any vendor site or usa.canon.com
    >

    > Bob

    No - the feature is only available in Europe and Australasia (maybe Asia
    also?)

Printers Canon CD-Rom Peripherals