Iron Knuckles DC-9 and Jet City collection

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 8, 2005 1:43:07 PM

Have been reading more into the Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 which has
apparently substantial panels, VC, and sound set. Also available is
Jet City Aircraft DC-9 Series-10 thru Series-50. JCA describes a
`merge application' so the IK sound, panel, and VC can be used etc.

IK - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FLT1DC91

JCA - http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/product_info/dc-9.html

JCA seems to have tons of repaints. So here are some questions if
anyone has the packages. What are the sizes (in MB) of the IK and
JCA MDL (model) files? Are JCA more detailed? Which has the best
flight model or FD? How does the VC get merged? How about Stellan
DC-9 ? http://www.hilmerby.com/

Already have a descent DC-9 panel (main panel only) a 2k2 beta
which likely came from the Stellan group.. now called `Team DC9'.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dc9panel_sm.jpg (121k)

-Gregory
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 8:57:15 PM

Gregory,

I just got this one and took it for a spin. I noticed my frame rate in the
VC is a bit sluggish. Maybe if I re-boot and cleanup memory and workfiles
this may improve. I'm going to need to do some study since it has a lot of
toggles and switches...not in the VC, however.

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Flight1DCNine/

Flys smooth and lands nice and is pretty quiet with the engines in the rear.
I got go do my homework.

Mike
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message

> Have been reading more into the Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 which has
> apparently substantial panels, VC, and sound set. Also available is
> Jet City Aircraft DC-9 Series-10 thru Series-50. JCA describes a
> `merge application' so the IK sound, panel, and VC can be used etc.
>
> IK - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FLT1DC91
>
> JCA - http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/product_info/dc-9.html
>

> JCA seems to have tons of repaints. So here are some questions if
> anyone has the packages. What are the sizes (in MB) of the IK and
> JCA MDL (model) files? Are JCA more detailed? Which has the best
> flight model or FD? How does the VC get merged? How about Stellan
> DC-9 ? http://www.hilmerby.com/
>

> Already have a descent DC-9 panel (main panel only) a 2k2 beta
> which likely came from the Stellan group.. now called `Team DC9'.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dc9panel_sm.jpg (121k)
>

> -Gregory

August 8, 2005 12:06:39 AM

Mike.. went to Stellan's forum and found a post by a retired DC9 cptn.

http://www.hilmerby.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1

Am running in FS2002 so had to use the previous version of Stellan
panel (install file is here).. also have a beta panel as seen in JPG
below. Even contacted Staffan about the DC-9 and received useful
reply. Here's the quick report:

* cannot run FS9 panel...

* can convert FS9 MDLs for use in FS8...

* had slow engine and EPR gauges...

* dumped AIR file for scrutinisation...

* question engine gauge cals / response...

* running both SGA and Stellan MDL versions...

* got bored and stopped flying it after three flights...

- - -

IIRC.. elevator was super-responsive and ailerons were slow. Best
advise is to use Stellans' panel and maybe a JCA series DC-9
exterior. It seemed that I'd be tinkering with it for a long period of
time (and being a pest with techie questions).. so then went back to
favorite hybrid / perpetual beta 727 testbed in FS8!! :-)

-g

--------------------
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:57:15 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory,
>
>I just got this one and took it for a spin. I noticed my frame rate in the
>VC is a bit sluggish. Maybe if I re-boot and cleanup memory and workfiles
>this may improve. I'm going to need to do some study since it has a lot of
>toggles and switches...not in the VC, however.
>
>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Flight1DCNine/
>

>Flys smooth and lands nice and is pretty quiet with the engines in the rear.
>I got go do my homework.
>
>Mike
>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>

>> Have been reading more into the Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 which has
>> apparently substantial panels, VC, and sound set. Also available is
>> Jet City Aircraft DC-9 Series-10 thru Series-50. JCA describes a
>> `merge application' so the IK sound, panel, and VC can be used etc.
>>
>> IK - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FLT1DC91
>>
>> JCA - http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/product_info/dc-9.html
>>

>> JCA seems to have tons of repaints. So here are some questions if
>> anyone has the packages. What are the sizes (in MB) of the IK and
>> JCA MDL (model) files? Are JCA more detailed? Which has the best
>> flight model or FD? How does the VC get merged? How about Stellan
>> DC-9 ? http://www.hilmerby.com/
>>

>> Already have a descent DC-9 panel (main panel only) a 2k2 beta
>> which likely came from the Stellan group.. now called `Team DC9'.
>>
>> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dc9panel_sm.jpg (121k)
>>

>> -Gregory

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:15:29 AM

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o 77df1h9n69p9lqhd4dlnj58sbf3tql4oc@4ax.com...

> Mike.. went to Stellan's forum and found a post by a retired DC9 cptn.
>
> http://www.hilmerby.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1
>

> Am running in FS2002 so had to use the previous version of Stellan
> panel (install file is here).. also have a beta panel as seen in JPG
> below. Even contacted Staffan about the DC-9 and received useful
> reply. Here's the quick report:
>
> * cannot run FS9 panel...
>
> * can convert FS9 MDLs for use in FS8...
>
> * had slow engine and EPR gauges...
>
> * dumped AIR file for scrutinisation...
>
> * question engine gauge cals / response...
>
> * running both SGA and Stellan MDL versions...
>
> * got bored and stopped flying it after three flights...
>

> - - -
>
> IIRC.. elevator was super-responsive and ailerons were slow. Best
> advise is to use Stellans' panel and maybe a JCA series DC-9
> exterior. It seemed that I'd be tinkering with it for a long period of
> time (and being a pest with techie questions).. so then went back to
> favorite hybrid / perpetual beta 727 testbed in FS8!! :-)
>
> -g
>
> --------------------
> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:57:15 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Gregory,
>>
>>I just got this one and took it for a spin. I noticed my frame rate in
>>the
>>VC is a bit sluggish. Maybe if I re-boot and cleanup memory and workfiles
>>this may improve. I'm going to need to do some study since it has a lot of
>>toggles and switches...not in the VC, however.
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Flight1DCNine/
>>

>>Flys smooth and lands nice and is pretty quiet with the engines in the
>>rear.
>>I got go do my homework.
>>
>>Mike
>>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>

>>> Have been reading more into the Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 which has
>>> apparently substantial panels, VC, and sound set. Also available is
>>> Jet City Aircraft DC-9 Series-10 thru Series-50. JCA describes a
>>> `merge application' so the IK sound, panel, and VC can be used etc.
>>>
>>> IK - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FLT1DC91
>>>
>>> JCA - http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/product_info/dc-9.html
>>>

>>> JCA seems to have tons of repaints. So here are some questions if
>>> anyone has the packages. What are the sizes (in MB) of the IK and
>>> JCA MDL (model) files? Are JCA more detailed? Which has the best
>>> flight model or FD? How does the VC get merged? How about Stellan
>>> DC-9 ? http://www.hilmerby.com/
>>>

>>> Already have a descent DC-9 panel (main panel only) a 2k2 beta
>>> which likely came from the Stellan group.. now called `Team DC9'.
>>>
>>> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dc9panel_sm.jpg (121k)
>>>

>>> -Gregory

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:17:20 AM

Hmm, looks like the one to have is the Stellan's, however since I'm new to
this, ignorance is bliss:) . I am having a good time with Iron K.
Mike
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o 77df1h9n69p9lqhd4dlnj58sbf3tql4oc@4ax.com...

> Mike.. went to Stellan's forum and found a post by a retired DC9 cptn.
>
> http://www.hilmerby.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1
>

> Am running in FS2002 so had to use the previous version of Stellan
> panel (install file is here).. also have a beta panel as seen in JPG
> below. Even contacted Staffan about the DC-9 and received useful
> reply. Here's the quick report:
>
> * cannot run FS9 panel...
>
> * can convert FS9 MDLs for use in FS8...
>
> * had slow engine and EPR gauges...
>
> * dumped AIR file for scrutinisation...
>
> * question engine gauge cals / response...
>
> * running both SGA and Stellan MDL versions...
>
> * got bored and stopped flying it after three flights...
>

> - - -
>
> IIRC.. elevator was super-responsive and ailerons were slow. Best
> advise is to use Stellans' panel and maybe a JCA series DC-9
> exterior. It seemed that I'd be tinkering with it for a long period of
> time (and being a pest with techie questions).. so then went back to
> favorite hybrid / perpetual beta 727 testbed in FS8!! :-)
>
> -g
>
> --------------------
> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:57:15 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Gregory,
>>
>>I just got this one and took it for a spin. I noticed my frame rate in
>>the
>>VC is a bit sluggish. Maybe if I re-boot and cleanup memory and workfiles
>>this may improve. I'm going to need to do some study since it has a lot of
>>toggles and switches...not in the VC, however.
>>
>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Flight1DCNine/
>>

>>Flys smooth and lands nice and is pretty quiet with the engines in the
>>rear.
>>I got go do my homework.
>>
>>Mike
>>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>

>>> Have been reading more into the Iron Knuckles DC-9-30 which has
>>> apparently substantial panels, VC, and sound set. Also available is
>>> Jet City Aircraft DC-9 Series-10 thru Series-50. JCA describes a
>>> `merge application' so the IK sound, panel, and VC can be used etc.
>>>
>>> IK - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FLT1DC91
>>>
>>> JCA - http://www.jetcityaircraft.com/product_info/dc-9.html
>>>

>>> JCA seems to have tons of repaints. So here are some questions if
>>> anyone has the packages. What are the sizes (in MB) of the IK and
>>> JCA MDL (model) files? Are JCA more detailed? Which has the best
>>> flight model or FD? How does the VC get merged? How about Stellan
>>> DC-9 ? http://www.hilmerby.com/
>>>

>>> Already have a descent DC-9 panel (main panel only) a 2k2 beta
>>> which likely came from the Stellan group.. now called `Team DC9'.
>>>
>>> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/dc9panel_sm.jpg (121k)
>>>

>>> -Gregory

August 8, 2005 5:17:21 AM

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 01:17:20 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hmm, looks like the one to have is the Stellan's, however since I'm new to
>this, ignorance is bliss:) . I am having a good time with Iron K.
>Mike

Oh.. well go ahead an run it.. because it takes much longer to learn
the operation of Stellan's panel. How about download and install
Stellans' and run BOTH!! Personally enjoy the '60s analog aircraft.

maybe even make-up informal review.. :-0

-g

>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>

>> Mike.. went to Stellan's forum and found a post by a retired DC9 cptn.
>>
>> http://www.hilmerby.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1
>>

>> Am running in FS2002 so had to use the previous version of Stellan
>> panel (install file is here).. also have a beta panel as seen in JPG
>> below. Even contacted Staffan about the DC-9 and received useful
>> reply. Here's the quick report:
>>
>> - - -
>>
>> IIRC.. elevator was super-responsive and ailerons were slow. Best
>> advise is to use Stellans' panel and maybe a JCA series DC-9
>> exterior. It seemed that I'd be tinkering with it for a long period of
>> time (and being a pest with techie questions)..
>>
>> -g
>>
>> --------------------
>> On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:57:15 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Gregory,
>>>
>>>I just got this one and took it for a spin. I noticed my frame rate in the
>>>VC is a bit sluggish. Maybe if I re-boot and cleanup memory and workfiles
>>>this may improve. I'm going to need to do some study since it has a lot of
>>>toggles and switches...not in the VC, however.
>>>
>>>http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Flight1DCNine/
>>>

>>>Flys smooth and lands nice and is pretty quiet with the engines in the
>>>rear.
>>>I got go do my homework.
>>>
>>>Mike
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:46:40 AM

Well, I really like the attention needed to detail demanded by the old
planes. It is fun. Hmmm, I tink I will download the Stellans version.

!