Which Flight Plannner is the Best ?

Last response: in Video Games
July 8, 2005 7:58:31 PM

Appreciate input on which flight planning software - I am aware of FS NAV &
FS BUILD - and have checked out both as much as I could. I also fly x-plane
(I know, I know...I ask for forgiveness.) and see that FS BUILD also works
with it (but does it interface with x-plane planes as well as the GOODWAY
flight planner...i.e. know what speeds and weight/fuel the plane I would
want to use in the flight would be as the GOODWAY planner would ? -- maybe
there are other closet x-plane pilots that might advise as well since I
would want to be able to have a flight planner for FS9 primarily and also
for the x-plane one as well. Perhaps the FS BUILD might do very well for
both...or should I stick with the x-plane planner for it and one of the two
FS9 planner programs for FS9.

I have occasionally read about the FS NAV creator not updtaing (he being
sick,injured,awol etc.) and wonder if thats a problem. The 'best' software
with the most features and the best .........is what I would want Price is
not a problem with this one.

Maybe there are others; do tell. But I somehow doubt any freeware would
rival the $$$ progs.

P.S. Is it worth getting FSUIPC....I like what it can do, but I read he
might not update it for the next MS flight simulator and I presume it would
be useless in that case come the next release.

Many thanks from the Great White North
Cheers All.

More about : flight plannner

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:06:21 AM

First, FSUIPC is a must. It is used especially, by multi-player including
VATSIM and others.

Most planes use at least one of its features. At this point in time, most
planes include a TCAS or other highly detailed gauge that has to connect to
FSUIPC for its information. I have always used FSUIPC as freeware.

Flight plans: Has always been a sore spot. FSNavigator is the best there
is. Try it for free from the download for a limited number of uses.
FSBuild is OK, I just started using it and its the freeware version. Not
sure of what the payware version has thats different. I use FSACARS for a
Virtual Airline and I have to plan my flights so I can use the freeware
without problems. Not as good as FSNAV but its OK. Cant complain, its
free. LOL...............

Mark G
Not4wood

"fourstriper" <fourstriper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Appreciate input on which flight planning software - I am aware of FS NAV
> & FS BUILD - and have checked out both as much as I could. I also fly
> x-plane (I know, I know...I ask for forgiveness.) and see that FS BUILD
> also works with it (but does it interface with x-plane planes as well as
> the GOODWAY flight planner...i.e. know what speeds and weight/fuel the
> plane I would want to use in the flight would be as the GOODWAY planner
> would ? -- maybe there are other closet x-plane pilots that might advise
> as well since I would want to be able to have a flight planner for FS9
> primarily and also for the x-plane one as well. Perhaps the FS BUILD
> might do very well for both...or should I stick with the x-plane planner
> for it and one of the two FS9 planner programs for FS9.
>
> I have occasionally read about the FS NAV creator not updtaing (he being
> sick,injured,awol etc.) and wonder if thats a problem. The 'best'
> software with the most features and the best .........is what I would want
> Price is not a problem with this one.
>
> Maybe there are others; do tell. But I somehow doubt any freeware would
> rival the $$$ progs.
>
> P.S. Is it worth getting FSUIPC....I like what it can do, but I read he
> might not update it for the next MS flight simulator and I presume it
> would be useless in that case come the next release.
>
> Many thanks from the Great White North
> Cheers All.

July 9, 2005 1:00:33 PM

> I have occasionally read about the FS NAV creator not updtaing (he being
> sick,injured,awol etc.) and wonder if thats a problem. The 'best'
> software with the most features and the best .........is what I would want
> Price is not a problem with this one.

I like FSNav, but I also like Courseplanner because I can run it on more
than one computer.
Look at their site and forum, http://www.myoddweb.com/courseplanner.php

Florent seems to respond fairly rapidly to posts

http://www.myoddweb.com/forum/

> P.S. Is it worth getting FSUIPC....I like what it can do, but I read he
> might not update it for the next MS flight simulator and I presume it
> would be useless in that case come the next release.

It depends, have a look at their forum and see if it does what you need.
http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

or his site, http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

But in most cases you will need it.

> Many thanks from the Great White North