Which Flight Plannner is the Best ?

Appreciate input on which flight planning software - I am aware of FS NAV &
FS BUILD - and have checked out both as much as I could. I also fly x-plane
(I know, I know...I ask for forgiveness.) and see that FS BUILD also works
with it (but does it interface with x-plane planes as well as the GOODWAY
flight planner...i.e. know what speeds and weight/fuel the plane I would
want to use in the flight would be as the GOODWAY planner would ? -- maybe
there are other closet x-plane pilots that might advise as well since I
would want to be able to have a flight planner for FS9 primarily and also
for the x-plane one as well. Perhaps the FS BUILD might do very well for
both...or should I stick with the x-plane planner for it and one of the two
FS9 planner programs for FS9.

I have occasionally read about the FS NAV creator not updtaing (he being
sick,injured,awol etc.) and wonder if thats a problem. The 'best' software
with the most features and the best .........is what I would want Price is
not a problem with this one.

Maybe there are others; do tell. But I somehow doubt any freeware would
rival the $$$ progs.

P.S. Is it worth getting FSUIPC....I like what it can do, but I read he
might not update it for the next MS flight simulator and I presume it would
be useless in that case come the next release.

Many thanks from the Great White North
Cheers All.
2 answers Last reply
More about which flight plannner

    First, FSUIPC is a must. It is used especially, by multi-player including
    VATSIM and others.

    Most planes use at least one of its features. At this point in time, most
    planes include a TCAS or other highly detailed gauge that has to connect to
    FSUIPC for its information. I have always used FSUIPC as freeware.

    Flight plans: Has always been a sore spot. FSNavigator is the best there
    is. Try it for free from the download for a limited number of uses.
    FSBuild is OK, I just started using it and its the freeware version. Not
    sure of what the payware version has thats different. I use FSACARS for a
    Virtual Airline and I have to plan my flights so I can use the freeware
    without problems. Not as good as FSNAV but its OK. Cant complain, its
    free. LOL...............

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    "fourstriper" <fourstriper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Appreciate input on which flight planning software - I am aware of FS NAV
    > & FS BUILD - and have checked out both as much as I could. I also fly
    > x-plane (I know, I know...I ask for forgiveness.) and see that FS BUILD
    > also works with it (but does it interface with x-plane planes as well as
    > the GOODWAY flight planner...i.e. know what speeds and weight/fuel the
    > plane I would want to use in the flight would be as the GOODWAY planner
    > would ? -- maybe there are other closet x-plane pilots that might advise
    > as well since I would want to be able to have a flight planner for FS9
    > primarily and also for the x-plane one as well. Perhaps the FS BUILD
    > might do very well for both...or should I stick with the x-plane planner
    > for it and one of the two FS9 planner programs for FS9.
    >
    > I have occasionally read about the FS NAV creator not updtaing (he being
    > sick,injured,awol etc.) and wonder if thats a problem. The 'best'
    > software with the most features and the best .........is what I would want
    > Price is not a problem with this one.
    >
    > Maybe there are others; do tell. But I somehow doubt any freeware would
    > rival the $$$ progs.
    >
    > P.S. Is it worth getting FSUIPC....I like what it can do, but I read he
    > might not update it for the next MS flight simulator and I presume it
    > would be useless in that case come the next release.
    >
    > Many thanks from the Great White North
    > Cheers All.

    > I have occasionally read about the FS NAV creator not updtaing (he being
    > sick,injured,awol etc.) and wonder if thats a problem. The 'best'
    > software with the most features and the best .........is what I would want
    > Price is not a problem with this one.

    I like FSNav, but I also like Courseplanner because I can run it on more
    than one computer.
    Look at their site and forum, http://www.myoddweb.com/courseplanner.php

    Florent seems to respond fairly rapidly to posts

    http://www.myoddweb.com/forum/

    > P.S. Is it worth getting FSUIPC....I like what it can do, but I read he
    > might not update it for the next MS flight simulator and I presume it
    > would be useless in that case come the next release.

    It depends, have a look at their forum and see if it does what you need.
    http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

    or his site, http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

    But in most cases you will need it.

    > Many thanks from the Great White North