Canon MP360 'bleed' problem

Hi,

I live in the UK & have a Canon MP360 multifunctional printer which
has started to give 'bleeding' problems as shown here (16k jpeg):

http://members.aol.com/jorolat/canon.jpg

I haven't had much experience of printers and would appreciate it if
anyone could give an idea on how to go about solving the problem.

Thanks,

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:16:58 +0000, John Latter <jorolat@msn.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I live in the UK & have a Canon MP360 multifunctional printer which
>has started to give 'bleeding' problems as shown here (16k jpeg):
>
>http://members.aol.com/jorolat/canon.jpg
>
>I haven't had much experience of printers and would appreciate it if
>anyone could give an idea on how to go about solving the problem.
>
>Thanks,

Someone talk to me - please!

--

"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I live in the UK & have a Canon MP360 multifunctional printer which
> has started to give 'bleeding' problems as shown here (16k jpeg):
>
> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/canon.jpg
>
> I haven't had much experience of printers and would appreciate it if
> anyone could give an idea on how to go about solving the problem.
>
> Thanks,

What paper and print settings are you using?

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:39:09 +1100, "Caitlin"
<caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I live in the UK & have a Canon MP360 multifunctional printer which
>> has started to give 'bleeding' problems as shown here (16k jpeg):
>>
>> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/canon.jpg
>>
>> I haven't had much experience of printers and would appreciate it if
>> anyone could give an idea on how to go about solving the problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>What paper and print settings are you using?

Thanks for replying Caitlin :)

I'm using plain paper set to highest print quality. The thing about it
is that it printed ok at first but then the 'bleeding' appeared!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

kaiser

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2001

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:39:09 +1100, "Caitlin"
> <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I live in the UK & have a Canon MP360 multifunctional printer which
>>> has started to give 'bleeding' problems as shown here (16k jpeg):
>>>
>>> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/canon.jpg
>>>
>>> I haven't had much experience of printers and would appreciate it if
>>> anyone could give an idea on how to go about solving the problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>What paper and print settings are you using?
>>

> Thanks for replying Caitlin :)
>
> I'm using plain paper set to highest print quality. The thing about it
> is that it printed ok at first but then the 'bleeding' appeared!
>
> --
>
> John Latter
>
> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
> homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>
> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

I have a Canon MP370 and find that if you use plain paper ( all plain paper
isn't the same) on the high print quality setting it does sometimes bleed,
as it tends to saturate the paper. Try using standard quality, or buy some
good quality coated inkjet paper if you want to use the high quality
setting.

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:07:40 -0000, "Kaiser" <no@spam.com> wrote:

>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:39:09 +1100, "Caitlin"
>> <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message

>>>What paper and print settings are you using?
>>>

>> Thanks for replying Caitlin :)
>>
>> I'm using plain paper set to highest print quality. The thing about it
>> is that it printed ok at first but then the 'bleeding' appeared!
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Latter
>>
>> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
>> homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
>> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>>
>> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
>

>I have a Canon MP370 and find that if you use plain paper ( all plain paper
>isn't the same) on the high print quality setting it does sometimes bleed,
>as it tends to saturate the paper. Try using standard quality, or buy some
>good quality coated inkjet paper if you want to use the high quality
>setting.

OK Kaiser, I'll try the standard setting - thanks :)

--

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:07:40 -0000, "Kaiser" <no@spam.com> wrote:
>

>>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message

>>> Thanks for replying Caitlin :)
>>>
>>> I'm using plain paper set to highest print quality. The thing about it
>>> is that it printed ok at first but then the 'bleeding' appeared!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> John Latter
>>>
>>> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
>>> homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
>>> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>>>
>>> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
>>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
>>

>>I have a Canon MP370 and find that if you use plain paper ( all plain
>>paper
>>isn't the same) on the high print quality setting it does sometimes bleed,
>>as it tends to saturate the paper. Try using standard quality, or buy some
>>good quality coated inkjet paper if you want to use the high quality
>>setting.
>>
> OK Kaiser, I'll try the standard setting - thanks :)
>
> --
>
> John Latter
>
> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
> homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>
> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

You will find by using the standard setting it will give quite good results
on plain paper, as well as saving some ink. These cartridges are quite low
capacity and don't last long on HQ setting.

I have also been using third party cartridges from Choice Stationery with
good results and no problems with clogging..

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:26:17 -0000, "Kaiser" <no@spam.com> wrote:

>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:07:40 -0000, "Kaiser" <no@spam.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message

>>>I have a Canon MP370 and find that if you use plain paper ( all plain
>>>paper
>>>isn't the same) on the high print quality setting it does sometimes bleed,
>>>as it tends to saturate the paper. Try using standard quality, or buy some
>>>good quality coated inkjet paper if you want to use the high quality
>>>setting.
>>>
>> OK Kaiser, I'll try the standard setting - thanks :)
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Latter
>>
>> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
>> homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
>> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>>
>> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
>
>You will find by using the standard setting it will give quite good results
>on plain paper, as well as saving some ink. These cartridges are quite low
>capacity and don't last long on HQ setting.
>
>I have also been using third party cartridges from Choice Stationery with
>good results and no problems with clogging..

Thanks for the info Kaiser!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

I'm just curious here.
Is that file you're trying to print a picture or just font in Word or
something?
To me it looks like you've created a jpg or a gif & printed it?
If that is the case then if you open & change it several times & then resave
it or especially if you enlarge it you will lose clarity like your picture.
If on the other hand it hasn't been scanned & printed or something & it is
just a word doc or something then disregard my comments.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:30:35 +1030, "BruceM" <bruce@@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm just curious here.
>Is that file you're trying to print a picture or just font in Word or
>something?
>To me it looks like you've created a jpg or a gif & printed it?
>If that is the case then if you open & change it several times & then resave
>it or especially if you enlarge it you will lose clarity like your picture.
>If on the other hand it hasn't been scanned & printed or something & it is
>just a word doc or something then disregard my comments.

Hi Bruce,

I printed the page out & then scanned it in as a jpg to show the
'bleeding'.

John