Computer Dead / Need support / shopped Newegg

rfelice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Hello Guys,

Actually, it didn't died; never worked.
Just bought all the components from Newegg. I Assambled the computer, and it doesn't work. Not a signal to the monitor; not even the "beep" when you turn it on - is just dead. The fans run, and the lights of the drivers go on-and-off; however, nothing happens on the monitor.

I thought it was a memory failure (I got them replaced by Newegg); but the new memories did not fix it (same problem). The guy from BestBuy told me that the problem is with the motherboard; so, I am sending it back to Newegg. However, I'm so frustrated; this is the problem of buying parts.

This is what I got:
Asus 5PW2d
Pentium D 3.4
Memory: G.Skill PC6400 1 Gibs DDRII x 2
Videocard: Sapphire X1800XT 516mb

Now, since I already replaced the memory; I'm between the Motherboard or the processor. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ricardo

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Did you make sure that everything was properly placed in its slot? Once, I plugged my PS/2 mouse into the keyboard slot and vice versa without realizing. I then sat and wondered for five minutes why the hell the damn thing wouldn't work! I got very angry and banged on the keyboard quite a bit until I had the great idea to check the connections. I nearly pissed my pants when I realized what I had done.

rfelice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I did; I reconnected everything and nothing. I turned the monitor on, then, the computer, and nothing. Even if there is something wrong, at least the computer should "beep" and run the bios.

I'm returning the motherboard -I guess- on Monday. But honestly, I want to return (get my cash) everything: CPU-Motherboard-VideoCard- and even the Memory.

Thanks,
Ricardo

MysteriousWind

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If you have a little 4 pin connector (looks like a square) make sure it's plugged in, in addition tot eh big 20 pin connector. The 20 pin starts up all of the various fans and stuff, but I'm guessing the 4 pin controls the chip set. I had the same exact problem about a week ago, but then I looked through my mobo's manual and found that I forgot to plug the 4 pin in. After that it all worked fine.

rfelice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Did plug the 4 ping cable, and nothing. I pluged 3 cables coming from the PS (650watts). I have the feelign that is either the motherboard, or the CPU.
What is more likely to fail?

Thanks
rf