doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I have a Sempron 3000 Barton 333fbs......if i go in and up my FBS in Bios to 200 will that be all i should have to do (my multiplyer is probly locked at 11!?!??) Any body have advise????

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I have a Sempron 3000 Barton 333fbs......if i go in and up my FBS in Bios to 200 will that be all i should have to do (my multiplyer is probly locked at 11!?!??) Any body have advise????
If the Sempron will take the fsb, then yes... but I would definitely read some overclocking how-tos... There's one on overclocking the Athlon XP in the overclocking - general section. Read it. If that sempron is really a Barton at an 11 multiplier, it's the same as an XP2500+... (I thought socket A Semprons were Thoroughbred core - but that was a year or so ago - I haven't paid any attention to Semprons since then)

Mike.

doglips

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
well I got it on Newegg.....AMD Sempron 3000+ Barton Core 512 L2 Cach...with 11 multi...Ive been playin with the dynamic OC'in on my MSI board but thought i'd just get down and dirty with the manual OCin...ya it's my first time but I have read some.....have a decent understanding....but was woundering if the Sempron had any weird things goin on ...never read about any one OCin a Sempron??? But sence its a Barton core I think it should work?!?!??? And ya some Sempron are Thoroughbreds...but the only reason i got this was 1)Barton core.2)Newegg sellin it (reputable) and had all my good hardware not ready to throw away and upgrade yet..will wait for AM2!!:)

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
(I thought socket A Semprons were Thoroughbred core - but that was a year or so ago - I haven't paid any attention to Semprons since then)

As far as I know, Semprons used to be thouroughbred cores, so they were essentially renamed t-bred Athlon XP's. Now, they are barton cores except with 256k cache...I think they call it the Thorton core, or some such. So, they are also essentially the same as the t-bred semprons, in terms of processor and cache size.

ADDED: Hmmm, there does appears to be a barton core Sempron 3000+ at 2G....very confusing naming convention. So, that would make the multiplier 12, and at 200 fsb it will be running at 2.4G. It might work at that speed but may need some more juice to get there. Watch the temps too.