Keyboard not working after wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

metzb1

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I have a Logitech G15 keyboard that refuses to wake up when the computer resumes. Everything else wakes fine and I do have power to it, but no response to key input. I have to unplug the KB, then plug it back in for the system to see it. It is plugged in to a hub along with my mouse and a few other things. Any ideas?

Solution
i was reading a msdn blog last night and it mentioned on there a bug with usb keyboards not working on resume, the solution they mentioned for beta builds was to unplug and then plug back in to fix, it was mentioned that it should be fixed for the release candidate builds, so if unplugging doesnt work then maybe you should get the latest build available and try that instead.

bryan240g

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
When I had win 7 beta(build 7022), I had the same issue. The only way I could resolve it was turning sleep mode off.

Now I have win 7(build 7057 RC1), and that bug appears to have been fixed, as I have sleep mode turned on, and have yet to have that issue. Hope this helps

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
i was reading a msdn blog last night and it mentioned on there a bug with usb keyboards not working on resume, the solution they mentioned for beta builds was to unplug and then plug back in to fix, it was mentioned that it should be fixed for the release candidate builds, so if unplugging doesnt work then maybe you should get the latest build available and try that instead.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.