FS Passengers released

Last response: in Video Games
July 8, 2005 10:43:48 PM

Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.

www.fspassengers.com

It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
pretty good demo mode.

More about : passengers released

July 9, 2005 4:51:25 AM

It's an interesting program, but it sounds like being back at work for me.
I don't need problems from bitchy passengers and annoying bosses when I'm
trying to enjoy a sloppy flight : )

Arthur

"Scott Moore" <moore.jscott@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>
> www.fspassengers.com
>

> It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
> pretty good demo mode.
July 9, 2005 12:12:06 PM

Weelll hell - I thought there was a virtual hijacking that just got foiled,
with the virtual passengers goin free and all the pus bag hijackers boiled
in contaminated hydraulic fluid (no sense wasting the good stuff).....
d:->))
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 9, 2005 1:54:15 PM

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:43:48 -0600, Scott Moore
<moore.jscott@gmail.com> brought the following to our attention:

>Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>
>www.fspassengers.com
>

>It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
> pretty good demo mode.

how about this feature!! :)

* Create and maintain pilot careers.
July 9, 2005 3:33:54 PM

Gregory wrote:
> how about this feature!! :)
>

> * Create and maintain pilot careers.

Hmmm, leaves me out....... <G>
July 9, 2005 4:47:00 PM

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:33:54 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>> how about this feature!! :)
>>

>> * Create and maintain pilot careers.
>
>Hmmm, leaves me out....... <G>

you mean as a pilot.. or your career's wrecked? :->

no really.. FSPax beats creating the station loads in Excel.

-G
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 7:32:40 PM

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:43:48 -0600, Scott Moore wrote:

> Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>
> www.fspassengers.com
>

> It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
> pretty good demo mode.

Damn if that doesn't look like a lot of fun!
I'm downloading the demo now and will give it a try ASAP.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:43:48 -0600, Scott Moore wrote:
>

>>Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>>
>>www.fspassengers.com
>>

>>It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
>> pretty good demo mode.
>

> Damn if that doesn't look like a lot of fun!
> I'm downloading the demo now and will give it a try ASAP.

I downloaded the demo and tried it on a flight from SFO to RNO. First
thing that
happened after take-off was a right engine flameout (on a CRJ-700).
Tried as
hard as I could to restart the engine, but it kept dying.

And, as MSFS ATC has no provision to declare an emergency and return to the
airport, I wound up circling around, and landing safely back at SFO, all
the while
having ATC yelling at me that I had no authorization to land.

That is damn annoying!
July 9, 2005 7:32:41 PM

Don't keep us in suspense, Marcel.....whaddya think of it?

Arthur

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:43:48 -0600, Scott Moore wrote:
>
>> Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>>
>> www.fspassengers.com
>>

>> It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
>> pretty good demo mode.
>
> Damn if that doesn't look like a lot of fun!
> I'm downloading the demo now and will give it a try ASAP.
>
> --
>
> Marcel (SAG-21)
> (If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)
July 9, 2005 8:57:16 PM

Gregory wrote:

> you mean as a pilot.. or your career's wrecked? :->

Getting the credentials wouldn't be the problem, keeping them would....
=8-0)))
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 11:09:28 PM

ccsuwxman wrote:
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:43:48 -0600, Scott Moore wrote:
>>

>>> Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>>>
>>> www.fspassengers.com
>>>

>>> It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but
>>> there's a pretty good demo mode.
>>

>> Damn if that doesn't look like a lot of fun!
>> I'm downloading the demo now and will give it a try ASAP.
>>

> I downloaded the demo and tried it on a flight from SFO to RNO. First
> thing that
> happened after take-off was a right engine flameout (on a CRJ-700).
> Tried as
> hard as I could to restart the engine, but it kept dying.
>
> And, as MSFS ATC has no provision to declare an emergency and return to the
> airport, I wound up circling around, and landing safely back at SFO, all
> the while
> having ATC yelling at me that I had no authorization to land.
>
> That is damn annoying!

Failures can be managed in the FS Passengers setup- you can choose
frequency and difficulty of failures, so if set to 0% you won't have any.

As for emergencies- I believe it's CTL-SHIFT-M that sets off a mayday
call, squawk 7700, and simply contact the nearest airport through the
ATC dialogue and get permission to land.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 12:29:31 AM

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 11:02:00 -0400, ccsuwxman wrote:

> I downloaded the demo and tried it on a flight from SFO to RNO. First
> thing that happened after take-off was a right engine flameout (on a CRJ-700).
> Tried as hard as I could to restart the engine, but it kept dying.

I thought that sort of thing could be tuned out?
Random failures in FS can be put on a timer, so I was hoping FSP had the
same option available. Or maybe that's a hitch in the demo, not the full
version.

> And, as MSFS ATC has no provision to declare an emergency and return to the
> airport, I wound up circling around, and landing safely back at SFO, all
> the while having ATC yelling at me that I had no authorization to land.
>
> That is damn annoying!

MS should have at least added an extra option...something like "Help!!",
"MayDay MayDay!" or "Roll out the equipment!"

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 13:16:51 -0400, Arthur wrote:

> Don't keep us in suspense, Marcel.....whaddya think of it?

I think it's the thing lots of us long haulers have been waiting for.
It provides a nice little extra to the flights, eventhough I wouldn't use
it on short hops like the demo flight (KSFO to KLAX).

There are a lot of options that can be turned on and off, different
languages, failures, GPWS...the works!

Is it worth 32 Euros?
Yes, eventhough it's a lot of money for an addon of which we don't know if
it's compatible with the upcoming version of FS.
A 20 Euro pricetag might pull people over the line a lot quicker, but it's
worth the 32 too...provided you use it with every flight.

Download that demo, give it a try and see for yourself.
Tip: turn OFF the engine failure! It can wait 'til later.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

Scott Moore wrote:
> Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>
> www.fspassengers.com
>

> It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
> pretty good demo mode.

I tried this and found out there's a "Mutiny Mode." ;-)

John

July 10, 2005 5:09:10 AM

What does it do, wizard??

Arthur

"The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
> Scott Moore wrote:
>> Just a heads up- didn't see it mentioned here.
>>
>> www.fspassengers.com
>>

>> It's a great add on-I haven't gotten th efull version yet, but there's a
>> pretty good demo mode.
>
> I tried this and found out there's a "Mutiny Mode." ;-)
>

> John
>
> --
>

> Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 3:49:47 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:24:09 -0400, Arthur wrote:

> What does it do, wizard??

It ensures that all the passengers barge into the cockpit with heavy
objects and beat you senseless because you've scared them one time too
often.

This is actually quite fun! :-)

I watched the little display as I pushed the throttles forward (one door
was still open), barreling across the apron at KSFO, onto the runway and
straight into the bay. There was this little message on the top of the
screen that read: "One door still open" and that quickly changed to :"You
mist close the door!" Or something like that anyway.
The display actually showed the increase in fear!

The fun thing was that while I was still on the apron, 74 out of 107
passengers were strapped into their seatbelts, but as soon as I started the
above mentioned maneuver that changed....really quickly!!!
It was like watching a speedometer! :-)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:24:09 -0400, Arthur wrote:
>
>> What does it do, wizard??
>
> It ensures that all the passengers barge into the cockpit with heavy
> objects and beat you senseless because you've scared them one time too
> often.
>
> This is actually quite fun! :-)
>
> I watched the little display as I pushed the throttles forward (one
> door was still open), barreling across the apron at KSFO, onto the
> runway and straight into the bay. There was this little message on the
> top of the screen that read: "One door still open" and that quickly
> changed to :"You mist close the door!" Or something like that
> anyway. The display actually showed the increase in fear!
>
> The fun thing was that while I was still on the apron, 74 out of 107
> passengers were strapped into their seatbelts, but as soon as I
> started the above mentioned maneuver that changed....really quickly!!!
> It was like watching a speedometer! :-)

Try taking a flight east from San Fran over Oakland and keep going - you
run into a demo war zone - I got hit, lost an engine, declared an
emergency and on approach to the runway, got hit again and ended up
crashing short.
July 11, 2005 1:24:53 PM

How nice for you : )

Arthur

"DD" <DD@dd.ca> wrote in message news:Xns9690192DEC4DD@24.64.223.211...

> Try taking a flight east from San Fran over Oakland and keep going - you
> run into a demo war zone - I got hit, lost an engine, declared an
> emergency and on approach to the runway, got hit again and ended up
> crashing short.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:15:19 PM

This is too cool.

Passengers get sick if you forget to pressurize the King Air B200.
They get real nervous during lousy weather.
Try using military aircraft.

I loaded up my FA18 with 50 passengers, leveled off at 18,000 and then
started the food and drinks service, went into a steep climb the passengers
started screaming and you could hear the beverage cart crashing into the
rear of the plane.

GB
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 12:22:47 AM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:09:16 GMT, DD wrote:

> Try taking a flight east from San Fran over Oakland and keep going - you
> run into a demo war zone - I got hit, lost an engine, declared an
> emergency and on approach to the runway, got hit again and ended up
> crashing short.

Yep.
For some dumb reason they put war zones in that add-on.
I think the author/programmer might be some kind of a massochist.
This has to be the first FS add-on in which you can actually get shot down.
I hope that's not supposed to add some kind of sick realism to it. :-)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)

>For some dumb reason they put war zones in that add-on.
>I think the author/programmer might be some kind of a massochist.
>This has to be the first FS add-on in which you can actually get shot down.
>I hope that's not supposed to add some kind of sick realism to it. :-)

As far as I understand it is completely configurable, I need to try it
as it seems a rather nice way to break the monotony of medium/long
flights... What happen if you douse your passengers with drinks all
along, do they sing during landing? :-)

===
Best Regards
Katy
July 12, 2005 3:04:28 AM

So, what kind of sandwiches do they serve on F-18's. That's something I've
always wanted to know.

Arthur

"Gwar Boy" <oderous597@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is too cool.
>
> Passengers get sick if you forget to pressurize the King Air B200.
> They get real nervous during lousy weather.
> Try using military aircraft.
>
> I loaded up my FA18 with 50 passengers, leveled off at 18,000 and then
> started the food and drinks service, went into a steep climb the
> passengers started screaming and you could hear the beverage cart crashing
> into the rear of the plane.
>
> GB

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 9:56:54 AM

Hi DD,

It could have been worse, mate - at least you didn't smash that bottle
of duty-free Scotch you had stashed in your pilot's briefcase1 :-)

regards,
John Ward
"DD" <DD@dd.ca> wrote in message news:Xns9690192DEC4DD@24.64.223.211...
> Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:24:09 -0400, Arthur wrote:
>>
>>> What does it do, wizard??
>>
>> It ensures that all the passengers barge into the cockpit with heavy
>> objects and beat you senseless because you've scared them one time too
>> often.
>>
>> This is actually quite fun! :-)
>>
>> I watched the little display as I pushed the throttles forward (one
>> door was still open), barreling across the apron at KSFO, onto the
>> runway and straight into the bay. There was this little message on the
>> top of the screen that read: "One door still open" and that quickly
>> changed to :"You mist close the door!" Or something like that
>> anyway. The display actually showed the increase in fear!
>>
>> The fun thing was that while I was still on the apron, 74 out of 107
>> passengers were strapped into their seatbelts, but as soon as I
>> started the above mentioned maneuver that changed....really quickly!!!
>> It was like watching a speedometer! :-)
>>

> Try taking a flight east from San Fran over Oakland and keep going - you
> run into a demo war zone - I got hit, lost an engine, declared an
> emergency and on approach to the runway, got hit again and ended up
> crashing short.
July 12, 2005 9:56:55 AM

The hostess keeps offering me stuff to drink.....scares the hell out of me
when she sneaks up on me. Most of what I'm drinking ends up on the floor,
and I don't mean spilt : )

Arthur

"John ward" <johnrmward@opyusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi DD,
>
> It could have been worse, mate - at least you didn't smash that bottle
> of duty-free Scotch you had stashed in your pilot's briefcase1 :-)
>
> regards,
> John Ward
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 9:56:56 AM

Post 911 isn't the door to the flight deck supposed to be locked? Don't
rate the security on this airline

Arthur wrote:
> The hostess keeps offering me stuff to drink.....scares the hell out of me
> when she sneaks up on me. Most of what I'm drinking ends up on the floor,
> and I don't mean spilt : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "John ward" <johnrmward@opyusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>Hi DD,
>>
>> It could have been worse, mate - at least you didn't smash that bottle
>>of duty-free Scotch you had stashed in your pilot's briefcase1 :-)
>>
>>regards,
>>John Ward

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:06:20 AM

Hi Marcel,

In a recent Op-Ed article on FlightSim, re possible future
features/directions of the the Sim, there was some speculation about some
combat Sim' features being incorporated, since the MS Combat Sim' series has
been officially discontinued........

Maybe you should consider logging a few more hours brushing up your
skills in your Spitfire?? :-))

Regards,
John Ward

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:09:16 GMT, DD wrote:
>
>> Try taking a flight east from San Fran over Oakland and keep going - you
>> run into a demo war zone - I got hit, lost an engine, declared an
>> emergency and on approach to the runway, got hit again and ended up
>> crashing short.
>
> Yep.
> For some dumb reason they put war zones in that add-on.
> I think the author/programmer might be some kind of a massochist.
> This has to be the first FS add-on in which you can actually get shot
> down.
> I hope that's not supposed to add some kind of sick realism to it. :-)
>
> --
>
> Marcel (SAG-21)
> (I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:34:00 AM

Hi Arthur,

Practice makes perfect, mate! :-)

Have you considered gluing a couple of tiny rear view mirrors onto the
lenses of your glasses?

Regards,
John ward
"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
> The hostess keeps offering me stuff to drink.....scares the hell out of me
> when she sneaks up on me. Most of what I'm drinking ends up on the floor,
> and I don't mean spilt : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "John ward" <johnrmward@opyusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi DD,
>>
>> It could have been worse, mate - at least you didn't smash that bottle
>> of duty-free Scotch you had stashed in your pilot's briefcase1 :-)
>>
>> regards,
>> John Ward

July 12, 2005 10:34:01 AM

You are just too too resourceful, Johnny.....I'll do that first thing in the
morning : )

> Hi Arthur,
>
> Practice makes perfect, mate! :-)
>
> Have you considered gluing a couple of tiny rear view mirrors onto the
> lenses of your glasses?
>
> Regards,
> John ward
> "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> The hostess keeps offering me stuff to drink.....scares the hell out of
>> me when she sneaks up on me. Most of what I'm drinking ends up on the
>> floor, and I don't mean spilt : )
>>
>> Arthur
>>
>> "John ward" <johnrmward@opyusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi DD,
>>>
>>> It could have been worse, mate - at least you didn't smash that
>>> bottle of duty-free Scotch you had stashed in your pilot's briefcase1
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> John Ward

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:32:06 AM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:11:53 -0600, Katy Pluta wrote:

> As far as I understand it is completely configurable, I need to try it
> as it seems a rather nice way to break the monotony of medium/long
> flights... What happen if you douse your passengers with drinks all
> along, do they sing during landing? :-)

Yep.
I've never seen an add-on with so many different options and settings.
Just think of the variety one can achieve. Try and get your passengers so
drunk that you actually have to land the plane to kick them out. :-)
That could be called "easyJet-mode". :-)

Oh...one more thing: never serve fish on board.
You know what happens when people eat the fish. :-)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot. - Chuck Yeager)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:06:20 -0700, John ward wrote:

> Hi Marcel,

Gidday mate!

> In a recent Op-Ed article on FlightSim, re possible future
> features/directions of the the Sim, there was some speculation about some
> combat Sim' features being incorporated, since the MS Combat Sim' series has
> been officially discontinued........

Ya know...I don't think that would be such a good idea.
I can just see it now: a saturday afternoon, a VATSim session, some young
punk logs on with his Little Bird and starts taking shots at every plane on
take-off. Naaaah....not a good idea.

> Maybe you should consider logging a few more hours brushing up your
> skills in your Spitfire?? :-))

Good one, JayDub. Good one.

Aussies....
:-)

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:47:08 PM

Hi Marcel,

Imagine having Dudley Henriques on your six, closing in for the kill -
"Oh, golly, this looks like a spot of bother. I wonder how I'm going to get
out of this one?".

I could translate that into australian for you, but since this is a
mixed n/g, I won't! :-)

For a fighter pilot, that would be about as real as it gets.

Regards,
John Ward
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:06:20 -0700, John ward wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcel,
>
> Gidday mate!
>

>> In a recent Op-Ed article on FlightSim, re possible future
>> features/directions of the the Sim, there was some speculation about some
>> combat Sim' features being incorporated, since the MS Combat Sim' series
>> has
>> been officially discontinued........
>
> Ya know...I don't think that would be such a good idea.
> I can just see it now: a saturday afternoon, a VATSim session, some young
> punk logs on with his Little Bird and starts taking shots at every plane
> on
> take-off. Naaaah....not a good idea.
>

>> Maybe you should consider logging a few more hours brushing up your
>> skills in your Spitfire?? :-))
>
> Good one, JayDub. Good one.
>
> Aussies....
> :-)
>
> --
>
> Marcel (SAG-21)
> (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:47:09 PM

But now we could get the military squads to fly cover for the commercial and
GA planes.

So we now have fighters protecting us and fighters trying to take us out.
Hmmmmm, might not be a bad idea!! All we need now is a few bombers. Hey,
starting to look a lot like the old Fighter Ace combat sim from FS8!!!!!

Mark G
Not4wood

"John ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Marcel,
>
> Imagine having Dudley Henriques on your six, closing in for the kill -
> "Oh, golly, this looks like a spot of bother. I wonder how I'm going to
> get out of this one?".
>
> I could translate that into australian for you, but since this is a
> mixed n/g, I won't! :-)
>
> For a fighter pilot, that would be about as real as it gets.
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:06:20 -0700, John ward wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Gidday mate!
>>

>>> In a recent Op-Ed article on FlightSim, re possible future
>>> features/directions of the the Sim, there was some speculation about
>>> some
>>> combat Sim' features being incorporated, since the MS Combat Sim' series
>>> has
>>> been officially discontinued........
>>
>> Ya know...I don't think that would be such a good idea.
>> I can just see it now: a saturday afternoon, a VATSim session, some young
>> punk logs on with his Little Bird and starts taking shots at every plane
>> on
>> take-off. Naaaah....not a good idea.
>>

>>> Maybe you should consider logging a few more hours brushing up your
>>> skills in your Spitfire?? :-))
>>
>> Good one, JayDub. Good one.
>>
>> Aussies....
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Marcel (SAG-21)
>> (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 2:58:07 PM

Hi Not4wood,

Fighter Ace was a tad light on for addon mesh, landclass, scenery,
planes, navigation, communication, fuel management, ATC, flight planning,
FSNavigator, FSUIPC, kneeboard/map, airports......

But it did have its good points. :-)

Regards,
John ward
"Not4wood" <no_spam_mgottes@verizon.net> wrote in message
> But now we could get the military squads to fly cover for the commercial
> and GA planes.
>
> So we now have fighters protecting us and fighters trying to take us out.
> Hmmmmm, might not be a bad idea!! All we need now is a few bombers. Hey,
> starting to look a lot like the old Fighter Ace combat sim from FS8!!!!!
>
> Mark G
> Not4wood
>
> "John ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Imagine having Dudley Henriques on your six, closing in for the kill -
>> "Oh, golly, this looks like a spot of bother. I wonder how I'm going to
>> get out of this one?".
>>
>> I could translate that into australian for you, but since this is a
>> mixed n/g, I won't! :-)
>>
>> For a fighter pilot, that would be about as real as it gets.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>> "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Gidday mate!

>>> Ya know...I don't think that would be such a good idea.
>>> I can just see it now: a saturday afternoon, a VATSim session, some
>>> young
>>> punk logs on with his Little Bird and starts taking shots at every plane
>>> on
>>> take-off. Naaaah....not a good idea.

>>> Good one, JayDub. Good one.
>>>
>>> Aussies....
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Marcel (SAG-21)
>>> (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 5:37:06 PM

What do you mean a tad light? LOL It didn't have any downloads or means to
push any more info into the program.

But it was a great program, and there were several hundred of us flying
nightly. At paying $10.00 a month extra to be able to fly Online in a
multi-War environment.

!