canon IP4000 vs IP5000 - 1-picoliter ink

The specs for the IP5000 state:

"1,856-nozzle print head that's capable of delivering superfine 1-picoliter
ink droplets (up to 22 million droplets per inch), the ip5000 delivers
stunningly accurate prints that should leave professional photo labs a
little worried.

Color resolution is as high as 9,600 x 2,400 dpi, with black-and-white
resolution of up to 600 x 600 dpi."

I do not plan on printing at the highest quality setting. My needs for text
and graphics business printing are met w/normal setting on presentation
paper. I have heard that you don't get the1-picoliter ink droplets except
when setting the printer for the highest quality setting.

Will I see a benefit from the printer simply using the standard paper
setting over the IP4000?

Actually, several tests have shown the 400 to produce better photos over the
5000, and the 5000 to produce better text.

For general purpose business printing, the 3000 is more than adequate, and
cheaper to operate.

"John Smith" <john@jon.com> wrote in message
> The specs for the IP5000 state:
>
> "1,856-nozzle print head that's capable of delivering superfine
1-picoliter
> ink droplets (up to 22 million droplets per inch), the ip5000 delivers
> stunningly accurate prints that should leave professional photo labs a
> little worried.
>
> Color resolution is as high as 9,600 x 2,400 dpi, with black-and-white
> resolution of up to 600 x 600 dpi."
>
> I do not plan on printing at the highest quality setting. My needs for
text
> and graphics business printing are met w/normal setting on presentation
> paper. I have heard that you don't get the1-picoliter ink droplets except
> when setting the printer for the highest quality setting.
>
> Will I see a benefit from the printer simply using the standard paper
> setting over the IP4000?

> This mailbox protected from junk email by MailFrontier Desktop
> from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com

In article Dan G says...
> Actually, several tests have shown the 400 to produce better photos over the
> 5000, and the 5000 to produce better text.

Several tests or the results from PCMag reported several times?

My question is, inorder to take advantage of the 1-picoliter ink droplets,
will I need to settle for slower printing at a higher paper setting, or will
does 1-picoliter ink work throughout the entire range of settings?

"colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
> In article Dan G says...
> > Actually, several tests have shown the 400 to produce better photos over
the
> > 5000, and the 5000 to produce better text.
> >
> Several tests or the results from PCMag reported several times?

You will find that the IP5000 is somewhat slower than the IP4000.