** Lost ISP Access **

I recently lost access to my ISP provider. I checked with them and
everything is fine at their end.

I can access the internet from my Laptop using Win ME through this ISP but
my desktop Win XP system will not let me in. It makes contact, handshakes
and processes the UserID and Password but does not authorize. I have
re-enter both ID and Password.

It is as though the UserID and/or password being sent is not correct.

Is there a file that has been corrupted? If so, which and how do I correct
it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

make a new connectio or check old connection and see that your ISP in the
firewall has a check mark in it, that means it can communicate thru the
firewall, if that does not work, make a new dial up connection and put isp
specifics , where they are called for.

"Lynn Christiansen" wrote:

> I recently lost access to my ISP provider. I checked with them and
> everything is fine at their end.
>
> I can access the internet from my Laptop using Win ME through this ISP but
> my desktop Win XP system will not let me in. It makes contact, handshakes
> and processes the UserID and Password but does not authorize. I have
> re-enter both ID and Password.
>
> It is as though the UserID and/or password being sent is not correct.
>
> Is there a file that has been corrupted? If so, which and how do I correct
> it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

U could have a firewall program whitch is blocking the tcp/ip. People often
have this problem after installing/unistalling a firewall. The best thing to
do is a system recovery before the firewall install/uninstall

"Lynn Christiansen" wrote:

> I recently lost access to my ISP provider. I checked with them and
> everything is fine at their end.
>
> I can access the internet from my Laptop using Win ME through this ISP but
> my desktop Win XP system will not let me in. It makes contact, handshakes
> and processes the UserID and Password but does not authorize. I have
> re-enter both ID and Password.
>
> It is as though the UserID and/or password being sent is not correct.
>
> Is there a file that has been corrupted? If so, which and how do I correct
> it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> --

Boxer

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2004

If you have downloaded Service Pack 2 it could be spyware blocking access to
your ISP. It happended to me.

Boxer