WINFLASH????

rmthompson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
OK So I am trying to flash my X800 GTO AGP into a 16 pipe version...

Ive confirmed that my card SHOULD be ready to do this.

Ive downloaded WINFLASH, since I dont know how to make a bootable cd, and installed it.

I can flash the regular 12 pipe bin that Ive created with ATItool just fine, but when I change the bin to a 16 pipe, Winflash gives me the error "VBOIS could not be found"...

Ive tried downloading a X800XL AGP bios, and it doesnt help, then it says that its not a compatible type of GPU...

anyone have any experience in this?

rmthompson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
The X800GTO cannot be unlocked to 16-pipelines. Only the X800GTO2

Wow you just WRONG...

Within the right paramaters it CAN be done...

trust me on that
As far as I know, only the GTO2 can be unlocked. Unlocking a plain GTO has never been done. If it can be done, why haven't you done already?

Well Mr. Smarty Pants because I havent made a bootable diska nd i was trying to do it from windows.

SCOUGS has my same card... and has done it!

rmthompson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
u sure scougs didnt have a pcie version? cuz some pcie gtos have the r480 core. all the agp ones have r430

Sorry mate - you're wrong too... not ALL AGP x800 GTO's have the R430 core. I fact a lot have the R423 core...

Scougs has the exact same card as I.

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
is the r423 the x800xt core? in that case theoretically it shoudl work unless ati binned all the physically damaged gpus to agp. if that is so and u flash ur f ucked. its a one shot deal, either works or fried