NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Alright, with an Asus A8N32-SLI mobo, 2 PCI-e and 3 PCI cards, 4 hard drives, and 2 optical drives (plus a floppy), how well will this cooling set-up work?

Case: Silverstone SST-TJ07 Black Full Tower
Power Supply: Silverstone Zeus 650 watt
Window Kit: 12x12" Clear Acrylic Window
92 mm Case Rear Fan: Evercool SFF-9
120 mm Case Top Fans: 2x Thermaltake A2018 Blue LED
120 mm Case Bottom Fans: 2x Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D
CPU Cooler: CoolIT Freezone
VGA Coolers: 2x Vantec Iceberq

Do you have any suggestions? Comments? Which way should I turn the fans to get the most out of them?

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
the cpu cooler is again overpriced and will underperform. please stay away from it.

the hard drive cooler requires are water cooling setup and will not work by just slapping it on the hard drive. and even if you do get a watercooling loop, don't get that hard drive block. hard drives don't need to be cooled.... it'll just double as a brick wall for flow.

get a good 120mm fan to get some air flow on the hard drives and you are good to go

NumenorLord

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Ah, I see what you mean. Guess I wasn't paying attention after all.

Oh well, aren't those internal 3.5" bays in the bottom of that case? If so, two 120mm fans should keep it nice and cool right?

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
i dont' recommend that kingwin kit cuz it really doesn't perform all that well

i usually tell people to stay away from kits all together except for the custom danger den ones and the swiftech ones. they are probably the only quality kits i've seen around

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I know the Kingwin Aquastar is not the best water cooling kit. But for a mere $100 it performs decently as my buddy's pc sports it. It cools his P4 to 35 idle and 45 full load at normal room temperature. It looks really neat with installed in the bay slots. But personally I would go for the Swiftech Ultra+ and get another vga water block to cool down my sli set up as soon as I have the mulla. :D