New Zealand Scenery in FS9

After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them near
buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are singles,
just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a bell by
someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
Wim Dijkgraaf
Belgium

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

    dijkgraaf wrote:
    > After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
    > lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them
    > near buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are
    > singles, just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a
    > bell by someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
    > Wim Dijkgraaf
    > Belgium

    Wim,
    We seem to have similar interests. I too have a great deal of New Zealand
    scenery and also this problem of large grey rectangles . I don't know
    whether they are meant to be trees or buildings! My guess is that we have
    both downloaded some scenery which needs some special texture files. I will
    have a look through the NZ scenery websites and see if I can get some clues.
    I will also email Robin Corn who is an expert on this.

    With Gibraltar, it sounds as if you are missing either some flattening code
    or you have the wrong mesh. I would uninstall that scenery and re-install
    another. My Gib scenery is called Gibraltar 2004 and I notice that I had to
    take out the Old Gib mesh, a file called gib_mesh.bgl and put it in a backup
    folder. Maybe that is what you have not done?

    --
    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    dijkgraaf wrote:
    > After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
    > lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them
    > near buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are
    > singles, just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a
    > bell by someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
    > Wim Dijkgraaf
    > Belgium

    Wim,
    We seem to have similar interests. I too have a great deal of New Zealand
    scenery and also this problem of large grey rectangles . I don't know
    whether they are meant to be trees or buildings! My guess is that we have
    both downloaded some scenery which needs some special texture files. I will
    have a look through the NZ scenery websites and see if I can get some clues.
    I will also email Robin Corn who is an expert on this.

    With Gibraltar, it sounds as if you are missing either some flattening code
    or you have the wrong mesh. I would uninstall that scenery and re-install
    another. My Gib scenery is called Gibraltar 2004 and I notice that I had to
    take out the Old Gib mesh, a file called gib_mesh.bgl and put it in a backup
    folder. Maybe that is what you have not done?

    --
    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    Hi Quilljar,
    I am interrested in those countries were I lived and worked for VFR
    flights. Most of my flying time is spent with LiveWireAirlines (LA2675)
    and KLM-VA (KLM333)with IFR flights and I think I am the oldest pilot
    (72) there. Started MSFS (4?)in 1985 in Whangarei/New Zealand on my
    ATARI 400 and spending thousands of hours since.
    Thanks for your investigations sofar, I could not find the file you
    mentioned. One of this days, we will find the solution.
    Cheers
    Wim

    --
    Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
    http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

    New Zealand scenery have a forum at avsim called windowlight, you can try
    asking there.
    http://www.avsim.com/
    http://www.windowlight.co.nz/

    I suspect you need some common textures used by 3rd party scenery design
    programs, textures like nova/nova gold, etc. Someone else from here might be
    able to tell you where you get them from.

    "dijkgraaf" <wim.dijkgraaf@telenet.be> wrote in message
    > After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
    > lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them near
    > buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are singles,
    > just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a bell by
    > someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
    > Wim Dijkgraaf
    > Belgium
    >
    > --
    > Sent via Gamer Newsgroups