New Zealand Scenery in FS9

After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them near
buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are singles,
just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a bell by
someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
Wim Dijkgraaf
Belgium

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

dijkgraaf wrote:
> After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
> lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them
> near buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are
> singles, just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a
> bell by someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
> Wim Dijkgraaf
> Belgium

Wim,
We seem to have similar interests. I too have a great deal of New Zealand
scenery and also this problem of large grey rectangles . I don't know
whether they are meant to be trees or buildings! My guess is that we have
both downloaded some scenery which needs some special texture files. I will
have a look through the NZ scenery websites and see if I can get some clues.
I will also email Robin Corn who is an expert on this.

With Gibraltar, it sounds as if you are missing either some flattening code
or you have the wrong mesh. I would uninstall that scenery and re-install
another. My Gib scenery is called Gibraltar 2004 and I notice that I had to
take out the Old Gib mesh, a file called gib_mesh.bgl and put it in a backup
folder. Maybe that is what you have not done?

--
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

dijkgraaf wrote:
> After downloading and installation of the NZ scenery I noticed that a
> lot of dark grey rectangular objects are on the ground most of them
> near buildings. Some look like trees, crossed rectangulars other are
> singles, just flat standing. I hope that my explanation will ring a
> bell by someone. All needed texture files for FS9 has been installed.
> Wim Dijkgraaf
> Belgium

Wim,
We seem to have similar interests. I too have a great deal of New Zealand
scenery and also this problem of large grey rectangles . I don't know
whether they are meant to be trees or buildings! My guess is that we have
both downloaded some scenery which needs some special texture files. I will
have a look through the NZ scenery websites and see if I can get some clues.
I will also email Robin Corn who is an expert on this.

With Gibraltar, it sounds as if you are missing either some flattening code
or you have the wrong mesh. I would uninstall that scenery and re-install
another. My Gib scenery is called Gibraltar 2004 and I notice that I had to
take out the Old Gib mesh, a file called gib_mesh.bgl and put it in a backup
folder. Maybe that is what you have not done?

--
Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

Hi Quilljar,
I am interrested in those countries were I lived and worked for VFR
flights. Most of my flying time is spent with LiveWireAirlines (LA2675)
and KLM-VA (KLM333)with IFR flights and I think I am the oldest pilot
(72) there. Started MSFS (4?)in 1985 in Whangarei/New Zealand on my
ATARI 400 and spending thousands of hours since.
Thanks for your investigations sofar, I could not find the file you
mentioned. One of this days, we will find the solution.
Cheers
Wim

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

David

New Zealand scenery have a forum at avsim called windowlight, you can try
asking there.
http://www.avsim.com/
http://www.windowlight.co.nz/

I suspect you need some common textures used by 3rd party scenery design
programs, textures like nova/nova gold, etc. Someone else from here might be
able to tell you where you get them from.