parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
ok i honestly have no idea wehre to put this, figured this was a good enough spot since i am going to be home building it... im beginning to find my thermaltake tsunami dream (black) case boring, i want to do a widnow mod...i have a few questions...

1. is it hard to do?
2. what should i use to cut out the hole, i honestly have no idea the metal is so thin im thinking a razor blade would be able to do it with enough force.
3. does anyone know if thermaltake sell JUST side panels w/ windows (so i could avoid modding my side panel) i know coolermaster and others do...
4. if anyone has a website that shows a step by step guide to doing it that would be helpful..

http://www.crazypc.com/items/PX821950.html that is the one id most likely get... i could use some advise please :p im very new to this...

also, my case is alunimum so like i said, it shouldnt be tough to cut through, im hoping that power tools wont be needed since we dont have many that could do this type of job...

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and get metal shears, they are only like $20 and they cut like a dream trough aluminum, try this it might be your best solution to the problem of cutting it, it leaves a very nice edge and since tehy are like scisors, you can cut along a line nicely, all you have to do is get it started by drilling a few holes close together and your good to start cutting, trust me ive used these things before and it is a lot easire than you think it will be, i used a dremel tool to try and cut a fan hole in my window and it just turned it into a big melted mess, but i fixed it, so yea it is fun and only takes like an hour, now i get a lot better air flow through my case, no vaccume from all the exhaust fans.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
ill try and go out and buy a dremel... i tried cutting my case before with these cutco sissors before and it bent the metal because it wasnt strong enough to cut through it... i guess the dremel will work, in fact i think we have one, or sotmhing liek it i can try to use.. ill prac on my old case first tho... and what do you mean by -Self-shaped perspex using pins for mounting (drilling needed) what does that mean and what do i have to do to do it :p