hp940c not printing for non-admin users

I have an HP Deskjet 940c. It's connected via the parrallel port to
Windows XP SP2.

If I log in to an account with administrator rights, I can print with
no problems, but any 'normal user' accounts will not print. I can see
the job spooling in the print ques, but it then dissappears and nothing
comes out of the printer.

I've tried re-installing the printer and downloading the latest
drivers, but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about hp940c printing admin users

    Under security on the printer, I see that 'Everyone' has print
    rights.

    On 31 Jan 2005 03:17:24 -0800, nickgodfrey451@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I have an HP Deskjet 940c. It's connected via the parrallel port to
    >Windows XP SP2.
    >
    >If I log in to an account with administrator rights, I can print with
    >no problems, but any 'normal user' accounts will not print. I can see
    >the job spooling in the print ques, but it then dissappears and nothing
    >comes out of the printer.
    >
    >I've tried re-installing the printer and downloading the latest
    >drivers, but it still doesn't work.
    >
    >Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals