Laserjet 4000N "Tray 1 Load Plain Letter" problem.

I recently had my Laserjet 4000N fixed ($200 to clear a paper jam).
Now everytime I try to print something I have an error "Tray 1 Load
Plain Letter" and the orange attention light blinks.

I wiggle and jiggle both the upper paper door and the bottom paper
tray and eventually it starts printing. Once it prints, if I don't
disturb the bottom tray, I'm okay for awhile.

The problem wasn't there before the repair job. I caused the original
paper jam by putting 10 sheets of paper in the upper paper slot. All
ten sheets fed into the printer at once.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I would rather try and fix it
myself than to send it back to the shop.

Thank you for your time and help;

Frank
2 answers Last reply
More about laserjet 4000n tray load plain letter problem

    Could have saved you $200. The multi feeding on manual feed tray is most
    likely caused by the separation pad worn out and just needed replacing.

    As for the latest problem. Check that the manual feed sensor is clicked into
    position.

    "Philadelphia Frank" <philafrank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I recently had my Laserjet 4000N fixed ($200 to clear a paper jam).
    > Now everytime I try to print something I have an error "Tray 1 Load
    > Plain Letter" and the orange attention light blinks.
    >
    > I wiggle and jiggle both the upper paper door and the bottom paper
    > tray and eventually it starts printing. Once it prints, if I don't
    > disturb the bottom tray, I'm okay for awhile.
    >
    > The problem wasn't there before the repair job. I caused the original
    > paper jam by putting 10 sheets of paper in the upper paper slot. All
    > ten sheets fed into the printer at once.
    >
    > Does anyone have a solution for this? I would rather try and fix it
    > myself than to send it back to the shop.
    >
    > Thank you for your time and help;
    >
    > Frank

    Thank you for the timely and helpful reply.

    I'll look for that sensor; I have a manual somewhere.

    Frank

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:15:35 +0000 (UTC), "Malvin"
    <pa_pa_returns@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Could have saved you $200. The multi feeding on manual feed tray is most
    >likely caused by the separation pad worn out and just needed replacing.
    >
    >As for the latest problem. Check that the manual feed sensor is clicked into
    >position.
    >
    >"Philadelphia Frank" <philafrank@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I recently had my Laserjet 4000N fixed ($200 to clear a paper jam).
    >> Now everytime I try to print something I have an error "Tray 1 Load
    >> Plain Letter" and the orange attention light blinks.
    >>
    >> I wiggle and jiggle both the upper paper door and the bottom paper
    >> tray and eventually it starts printing. Once it prints, if I don't
    >> disturb the bottom tray, I'm okay for awhile.
    >>
    >> The problem wasn't there before the repair job. I caused the original
    >> paper jam by putting 10 sheets of paper in the upper paper slot. All
    >> ten sheets fed into the printer at once.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a solution for this? I would rather try and fix it
    >> myself than to send it back to the shop.
    >>
    >> Thank you for your time and help;
    >>
    >> Frank

Printers Laserjet Peripherals