It sounds unimportant, but since loading the Service Pack
2 I can't find the Calculator file (calc.exe). Is that
supposed to be deleted in the "upgrade?" Can I download
it from a Microsoft site? Why was it deleted?

You can install it in CONTROL PANEL, ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS,
ADD-REMOVE WINDOWS COMPONENTS, ACCESSORIES AND UTILITIES,
ACCESSORIES
I do not know why it was deleted. Mine was not deleted
after Sp2.

thanks, that worked. I remember why it was deleted - it
was during a troubleshooting session recently with a MS
technician, trying to see if deleting those components
fixed the problem I had (no). You're right, it wasn't the
sp2 installation. the problem existed before sp2 and got
worse after installation, so I contacted Microsoft.

peter

Mine's still here...did you try Start/All Programs/Accessories/System
Tools??

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can install it in CONTROL PANEL, ADD-REMOVE PROGRAMS,
> ADD-REMOVE WINDOWS COMPONENTS, ACCESSORIES AND UTILITIES,
> ACCESSORIES
> I do not know why it was deleted. Mine was not deleted
> after Sp2.

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Here's a better one from Microsoft which also does a variety of conversions.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b0d059-b53a-4dc9-
8265-da47f157c091&DisplayLang=en

"jim piette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It sounds unimportant, but since loading the Service Pack
> 2 I can't find the Calculator file (calc.exe). Is that
> supposed to be deleted in the "upgrade?" Can I download
> it from a Microsoft site? Why was it deleted?

TRENDING THREADS