Strange sound problem

I had a couple of amusing (though not very helpful! ;0)) replies from the
two Dons when I first posted this on 2nd July. However, the problem persists
and on approach to Corfu in the PMDG 737-700 last night I put the gear down
and visually it went down and stayed there. The sound file, on the other
hand, repeated some 6 or 7 times! Why? It also happens on the excellent
Project F (can't put the full name, my news server censors it!) 100 and 70.
Why? And why only the gear sound? Why don't other sounds keep repeating? Am
I the only one on the NG to experience this? Is this really such a unique
fault? If so I'll put it on E Bay!

Seriously, any suggestions as to cause or cure would be appreciated. Thanks.
:0))

Iain
5 answers Last reply
More about strange sound problem

    At what speed are you putting down the gear?

    "Iain Smith" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >I had a couple of amusing (though not very helpful! ;0)) replies from the
    >two Dons when I first posted this on 2nd July. However, the problem
    >persists and on approach to Corfu in the PMDG 737-700 last night I put the
    >gear down and visually it went down and stayed there. The sound file, on
    >the other hand, repeated some 6 or 7 times! Why? It also happens on the
    >excellent Project F (can't put the full name, my news server censors it!)
    >100 and 70. Why? And why only the gear sound? Why don't other sounds keep
    >repeating? Am I the only one on the NG to experience this? Is this really
    >such a unique fault? If so I'll put it on E Bay!
    >
    > Seriously, any suggestions as to cause or cure would be appreciated.
    > Thanks. :0))
    >
    > Iain

    Lower than the safe maximum speed but I don't see what the connection is. As
    I said, this is a sound problem - visually the gear goes down and stays
    down. I even get "three greens" in the cockpit. It's just that the sound
    keeps repeating.

    > Lower than the safe maximum speed but I don't see what the connection is.
    > As I said, this is a sound problem - visually the gear goes down and stays
    > down. I even get "three greens" in the cockpit. It's just that the sound
    > keeps repeating.
    >
    > "Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
    >> At what speed are you putting down the gear?
    >>

    >> "Iain Smith" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >>>I had a couple of amusing (though not very helpful! ;0)) replies from the
    >>>two Dons when I first posted this on 2nd July. However, the problem
    >>>persists and on approach to Corfu in the PMDG 737-700 last night I put
    >>>the gear down and visually it went down and stayed there. The sound file,
    >>>on the other hand, repeated some 6 or 7 times! Why? It also happens on
    >>>the excellent Project F (can't put the full name, my news server censors
    >>>it!) 100 and 70. Why? And why only the gear sound? Why don't other sounds
    >>>keep repeating? Am I the only one on the NG to experience this? Is this
    >>>really such a unique fault? If so I'll put it on E Bay!
    >>>
    >>> Seriously, any suggestions as to cause or cure would be appreciated.
    >>> Thanks. :0))
    >>>
    >>> Iain

    I've had similar probs with some aircraft.. one was the brake sound
    continued all the way to the terminal
    Don

    donbutts wrote:

    > I've had similar probs with some aircraft.. one was the brake sound
    > continued all the way to the terminal

    I bet it stopped when you quit stretching your legs after the long flight,
    right?? <G>

    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > donbutts wrote:

    > I bet it stopped when you quit stretching your legs after the long flight,
    > right?? <G>
    the old Fred Flintstone Syndrome chief.. nah actually it was more like the
    sound of passengers jumping out prematurey ;-)

    Butts

Microsoft Video Games