Strange sound problem

I had a couple of amusing (though not very helpful! ;0)) replies from the
two Dons when I first posted this on 2nd July. However, the problem persists
and on approach to Corfu in the PMDG 737-700 last night I put the gear down
and visually it went down and stayed there. The sound file, on the other
hand, repeated some 6 or 7 times! Why? It also happens on the excellent
Project F (can't put the full name, my news server censors it!) 100 and 70.
Why? And why only the gear sound? Why don't other sounds keep repeating? Am
I the only one on the NG to experience this? Is this really such a unique
fault? If so I'll put it on E Bay!

Seriously, any suggestions as to cause or cure would be appreciated. Thanks.
:0))

Iain

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

At what speed are you putting down the gear?

"Iain Smith" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I had a couple of amusing (though not very helpful! ;0)) replies from the
>two Dons when I first posted this on 2nd July. However, the problem
>persists and on approach to Corfu in the PMDG 737-700 last night I put the
>gear down and visually it went down and stayed there. The sound file, on
>the other hand, repeated some 6 or 7 times! Why? It also happens on the
>excellent Project F (can't put the full name, my news server censors it!)
>100 and 70. Why? And why only the gear sound? Why don't other sounds keep
>repeating? Am I the only one on the NG to experience this? Is this really
>such a unique fault? If so I'll put it on E Bay!
>
> Seriously, any suggestions as to cause or cure would be appreciated.
> Thanks. :0))
>
> Iain

Lower than the safe maximum speed but I don't see what the connection is. As
I said, this is a sound problem - visually the gear goes down and stays
down. I even get "three greens" in the cockpit. It's just that the sound
keeps repeating.

> Lower than the safe maximum speed but I don't see what the connection is.
> As I said, this is a sound problem - visually the gear goes down and stays
> down. I even get "three greens" in the cockpit. It's just that the sound
> keeps repeating.
>
> "Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
>> At what speed are you putting down the gear?
>>

>> "Iain Smith" <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>>I had a couple of amusing (though not very helpful! ;0)) replies from the
>>>two Dons when I first posted this on 2nd July. However, the problem
>>>persists and on approach to Corfu in the PMDG 737-700 last night I put
>>>the gear down and visually it went down and stayed there. The sound file,
>>>on the other hand, repeated some 6 or 7 times! Why? It also happens on
>>>the excellent Project F (can't put the full name, my news server censors
>>>it!) 100 and 70. Why? And why only the gear sound? Why don't other sounds
>>>keep repeating? Am I the only one on the NG to experience this? Is this
>>>really such a unique fault? If so I'll put it on E Bay!
>>>
>>> Seriously, any suggestions as to cause or cure would be appreciated.
>>> Thanks. :0))
>>>
>>> Iain

I've had similar probs with some aircraft.. one was the brake sound
continued all the way to the terminal
Don

crash

donbutts wrote:

> I've had similar probs with some aircraft.. one was the brake sound
> continued all the way to the terminal

I bet it stopped when you quit stretching your legs after the long flight,
right?? <G>

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> donbutts wrote:

> I bet it stopped when you quit stretching your legs after the long flight,
> right?? <G>
the old Fred Flintstone Syndrome chief.. nah actually it was more like the
sound of passengers jumping out prematurey ;-)

Butts