  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 10, 2005 5:05:30 AM

Been playing this for a long time, but for the first time I heard ATC
speak to an experimental aircraft, as in "Experimental XXX, climb and
maintain 7,000." Never heard that before.

John

More about : heard atc

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:05:31 AM

The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote:

> Been playing this for a long time, but for the first time I heard ATC
> speak to an experimental aircraft, as in "Experimental XXX, climb and
> maintain 7,000." Never heard that before.

"Experimental" was MSoft's rather clever way of providing a "catch-all"
callsign to an aircraft whose callsign in the aircraft.cfg file
(atc_airline = ) is missing from the sound file.

Most likely one of your add-on AI aircraft has an incorrect atc_airline key
in the aircraft.cfg file.

--
Peter

July 10, 2005 4:07:20 PM

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:27:07 -0400, Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote:
>
>> Been playing this for a long time, but for the first time I heard ATC
>> speak to an experimental aircraft, as in "Experimental XXX, climb and
>> maintain 7,000." Never heard that before.
>
> "Experimental" was MSoft's rather clever way of providing a "catch-all"
> callsign to an aircraft whose callsign in the aircraft.cfg file
> (atc_airline = ) is missing from the sound file.
>
> Most likely one of your add-on AI aircraft has an incorrect atc_airline key
> in the aircraft.cfg file.

Ehm...wouldn't that be ui_type in the aircraft.cfg?

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(It's a NIGHTMAAAARE!!! - C3PO)

Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ehm...wouldn't that be ui_type in the aircraft.cfg?

Yes, Marcel, you are absolutely correct. I completely exchanged one for
the other. It has been awhile. :)

"Experimental" is the catch-all for a missing or incorrectly spelled type
of aircraft. It would be in UI_TYPE where the problem is, as you noted.

--
Peter

July 10, 2005 4:45:10 PM

It is also used for homebuilt (i.e. Experimental) or ultralight aircraft
such as Rans and Kolb.

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ehm...wouldn't that be ui_type in the aircraft.cfg?
>
> Yes, Marcel, you are absolutely correct. I completely exchanged one for
> the other. It has been awhile. :)
>
> "Experimental" is the catch-all for a missing or incorrectly spelled type
> of aircraft. It would be in UI_TYPE where the problem is, as you noted.
>
> --
> Peter

News==----
Newsgroups
=----
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 4:45:11 PM

Lakeview Bill <bdentonchi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It is also used for homebuilt (i.e. Experimental) or ultralight aircraft
> such as Rans and Kolb.

That is certainly correct, too. Hopefully, a simmer would know this since
he would have had to actively install one of these aircraft and fly it to
hear the type being used.

I assumed that since John was taken by surprise at hearing the experimental
type being used, it probably has to do with an incorrect UI_TYPE in one of
his add-on AI aircraft.

--
Peter