Never heard this before from ATC

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Been playing this for a long time, but for the first time I heard ATC
speak to an experimental aircraft, as in "Experimental XXX, climb and
maintain 7,000." Never heard that before.


John

--


Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven
5 answers Last reply
More about never heard
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote:

    > Been playing this for a long time, but for the first time I heard ATC
    > speak to an experimental aircraft, as in "Experimental XXX, climb and
    > maintain 7,000." Never heard that before.

    "Experimental" was MSoft's rather clever way of providing a "catch-all"
    callsign to an aircraft whose callsign in the aircraft.cfg file
    (atc_airline = ) is missing from the sound file.

    Most likely one of your add-on AI aircraft has an incorrect atc_airline key
    in the aircraft.cfg file.

    --
    Peter


    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:27:07 -0400, Beech45Whiskey wrote:

    > The Man Behind The Curtain <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Been playing this for a long time, but for the first time I heard ATC
    >> speak to an experimental aircraft, as in "Experimental XXX, climb and
    >> maintain 7,000." Never heard that before.
    >
    > "Experimental" was MSoft's rather clever way of providing a "catch-all"
    > callsign to an aircraft whose callsign in the aircraft.cfg file
    > (atc_airline = ) is missing from the sound file.
    >
    > Most likely one of your add-on AI aircraft has an incorrect atc_airline key
    > in the aircraft.cfg file.

    Ehm...wouldn't that be ui_type in the aircraft.cfg?

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (It's a NIGHTMAAAARE!!! - C3PO)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Ehm...wouldn't that be ui_type in the aircraft.cfg?

    Yes, Marcel, you are absolutely correct. I completely exchanged one for
    the other. It has been awhile. :)

    "Experimental" is the catch-all for a missing or incorrectly spelled type
    of aircraft. It would be in UI_TYPE where the problem is, as you noted.

    --
    Peter


    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    It is also used for homebuilt (i.e. Experimental) or ultralight aircraft
    such as Rans and Kolb.


    "Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:45b0vq4vo0f8$.dlg@ID-259643.user.individual.net...
    > Marcel Kuijper <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Ehm...wouldn't that be ui_type in the aircraft.cfg?
    >
    > Yes, Marcel, you are absolutely correct. I completely exchanged one for
    > the other. It has been awhile. :)
    >
    > "Experimental" is the catch-all for a missing or incorrectly spelled type
    > of aircraft. It would be in UI_TYPE where the problem is, as you noted.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
    News==----
    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
    Newsgroups
    > ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
    =----
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lakeview Bill <bdentonchi@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > It is also used for homebuilt (i.e. Experimental) or ultralight aircraft
    > such as Rans and Kolb.

    That is certainly correct, too. Hopefully, a simmer would know this since
    he would have had to actively install one of these aircraft and fly it to
    hear the type being used.

    I assumed that since John was taken by surprise at hearing the experimental
    type being used, it probably has to do with an incorrect UI_TYPE in one of
    his add-on AI aircraft.

    --
    Peter


    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Microsoft Video Games