Apr 14, 2011
Hello,I was editing away an urgent legal document when I suddently realized the frigging clipboard doesn't warn when it reaches its 24 clips limit and I had somehow in my despair to submit this urgent document forgotten to save the original doc as I came to the sudden realization I had LOST all the important information to the ghost clipboard heaven... did they go to same place where all the socks go?
Helllllllllp

Solution
What software program were you writing the document in? Word 2010 will save a running ghost copy even if you don't save/auto-save. Enable show hidden files in folder options in tools > folder options in my computer and a copy may show up on your desktop in the form of an icon that is greyed out.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
What software program were you writing the document in? Word 2010 will save a running ghost copy even if you don't save/auto-save. Enable show hidden files in folder options in tools > folder options in my computer and a copy may show up on your desktop in the form of an icon that is greyed out.

Solution
Apr 14, 2011
Thank you, I was relieved that you UNDERSTOOD that I know better and I do save everything every 1 minute as I deal with legal papers. First thing any layperson learns duh and you could see beyond that point obviously to offer an usefull tip that did not make me waste even more time checking for replies sent to me ONLY to be disappointed with their uselessness
Thanks for the info, I applied your tip, it worked partially and I was able to recover two thirds of the work which has now allowed me to pick up the trhead and complete an Affidavit that will be lodged in the nick of time for the reliev of us all

Thanks for taking the time to think about my predicament