Upgrading proc

Depends on the case.. (if it's standard ATX, with an adequate ATX12v spec PSU, then maybe; but it's be just as easy to gut the HP system, and buy a new case that already contains an adequate PSU, and, if getting a new mainboard, I'd prob opt instead for a socket 939 variant and a 3200+ or 3500+....)

Some HP/Dell cases are a bit jacked, using proprietary cable bundle headers to mainboard connectors without clear labels

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
Man, why buy BFG when you can get this for the same money, it's got a better clock too, and VIVO !

That's a fuckin cheap CPU lol, isnt it going to hold you a bit ?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Vile he wants it cause its 64bit he doesnt care about the speed cause the 7900 hes getting wil pick up the slack! but maybe i should convince him to get this athlon 64 but the proc doesnt matter on games its the graphics card :D (and ram cant forget about ram)

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
64bit technology hardly makes a difference.

Sure, when it comes to gaming its:

1. GPU
2. RAM
3. CPU

Yet a Sempron might turn into a bottleneck in the long run.
Watcha think of that video card ?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
64bit technology hardly makes a difference.

Sure, when it comes to gaming its:

1. GPU
2. RAM
3. CPU

Yet a Sempron might turn into a bottleneck in the long run.
Watcha think of that video card ?
its nice but i hate xfx tech support really sucks and bfg's is way better so yeah i'll probably convince him out of the sempron but i'm on a budget 500 or less and i cant sacrifice the ram

Vile

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004
You're right about the ram... oh well, try to get that Athlon, and you should kinda hurry ordering that 7900GT, they're probably going to be sold out soon lol.

I dunno, I like that 7900GT :p I'll probably buy that 1, it's better than others, XFX is not bad at all, and the card is black =D I love black stuff (much better than green for a powerful video card)

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Prozac wow long time no see how you been?

Awwwww :oops: it's a old skool enthuasist Nerd reunion, lols i should join in but i hav't posted enought to be called a Old Skool Nerd< lols and hav'nt done enough grammar and spelling checks to be a Nerd 8)