SLI 7800GTX.. Few questions..

ARment

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
I have a few questions about the temps on idle and full load on these cards.

You prolly get this alot but, im kind of new to all this and wanted some info. Whats a good idle temp for both cards? mines right now.. GPU1= idle 60C and GPU2 = idle 53. The room is rather warm in here too.. Dunno if that has any affect on it.. but.. Load the main one gets to about 77-80C the other is just under the main.

whats good idle temp for both cards? also whats a good Load on both of the cards.. I have 2 antecs cooling fans sitting on them... Just wanna know if the idle temps are fine.. or should i worry?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I have a few questions about the temps on idle and full load on these cards.

You prolly get this alot but, im kind of new to all this and wanted some info. Whats a good idle temp for both cards? mines right now.. GPU1= idle 60C and GPU2 = idle 53. The room is rather warm in here too.. Dunno if that has any affect on it.. but.. Load the main one gets to about 77-80C the other is just under the main.

whats good idle temp for both cards? also whats a good Load on both of the cards.. I have 2 antecs cooling fans sitting on them... Just wanna know if the idle temps are fine.. or should i worry?

Temps are a bit high, about 5-12c under Idle/Load temps is good. You said it's warm in the room, that can have a huge effect on temps. Your main SLI card will always be warmer than the other (GPU1 over GPU2), this is because the main one does the most processing.

~~Mad Mod Mike, fixin' the world 1 rig at a time

ARment

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Im not overclocking or anything liek that.. I wanna do something little more then what I have for cooling wise. I have the two Antec fans on both of them... What would be a good cooling system for them? Is there a cooling systemt that will cool both them.. or.? like i said im new to this.

Those temps are somewhat hot from where I stand. I think you don't have adequate cooling.

My 7800's each have an arctic cooling silencer on them. They'll cost you about 28 bucks each over at newegg, and using them made my entire machine cooler, probably because they exaust the hot air from the cards out of the back of the machine, instead of re-circulating it inside the box.

Well worth the $60 investment IMO. My cards never get above 57c, and usually hover between 46c and 52c under load, depending on what I'm doing at the time.

I may also add, that before putting those coolers on, my cards never got above 66c, and therefore I think you have an undisclosed problem somewhere........ not hardware, but with ventalation.

ARment

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
I think me being in a room that pretty warm also doesnt help.. I have my side panle off at the moment alos.. will those arctic cooling silencers work on a SLI setup? correctly that is? I mean right now i barely have any room for anything.

ARment

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
well then ok it will fit.. im also going to raise my box up off the floor also, for some beter ventilation. also can you give me a link i can order them from? i cannot seem to find them from new egg or anything like that.. and also chould post up a pic?