My Computer does'nt see my new slave hard drive

I removed a seagate 4 gig hard drive and replaced it with a wd 800 jc. My
Computer doesn't see it but device manager says the device is working
properly. Is there a problem in the bios? any suggestions greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer does slave hard drive

    Have you tried checking it out in Disk Management?
    START, RUN, and type in DISKMGMT.MSC
    You should see your drive there. Right-click the drive
    and select FORMAT. You can also assign a drive letter.
    See if that solves your problem.

    Does the BIOS see the drive?
    Is the jumper plug set in the Slave position?
    Is the drive partitioned?
    Is the drive formatted?

    All of the above are necessary for the drive to be shown in My Computer.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "db11164" <db11164@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I removed a seagate 4 gig hard drive and replaced it with a wd 800 jc. My
    > Computer doesn't see it but device manager says the device is working
    > properly. Is there a problem in the bios? any suggestions greatly
    > appreciated.

Computers Hard Drives Windows XP