My Computer does'nt see my new slave hard drive

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
September 10, 2004 11:03:01 PM

I removed a seagate 4 gig hard drive and replaced it with a wd 800 jc. My
Computer doesn't see it but device manager says the device is working
properly. Is there a problem in the bios? any suggestions greatly appreciated.

More about : computer slave hard drive

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 11:45:40 PM

Have you tried checking it out in Disk Management?
START, RUN, and type in DISKMGMT.MSC
You should see your drive there. Right-click the drive
and select FORMAT. You can also assign a drive letter.
See if that solves your problem.

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 12:47:34 AM

Does the BIOS see the drive?
Is the jumper plug set in the Slave position?
Is the drive partitioned?
Is the drive formatted?

All of the above are necessary for the drive to be shown in My Computer.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

!