I LOVE INTEL<3

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I Bothred Uncle so much on the question " which is better Conroe 2.66Ghz or the Opteron 170 Overclocked to 3.0Ghz in sense of benchmarks. And he's like he has no Benchmarks of Opteron 3.0Ghz yet. I said it soo often that he's like He'll just buy me that 2.66Ghz Conroe. But i myself want a Opteron 170 3.0Ghz

So you Conroe fans Can you Dump every Link and Benchmark That can prove that Conroe is better than The Opteron 170 at 3.0GHz?

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
I can tell you right now that the 2.66 conroe would be the better option as long as you've got something to tide you over till then.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I Bothred Uncle so much on the question " which is better Conroe 2.66Ghz or the Opteron 170 Overclocked to 3.0Ghz in sense of benchmarks. And he's like he has no Benchmarks of Opteron 3.0Ghz yet. I said it soo often that he's like He'll just buy me that 2.66Ghz Conroe. But i myself want a Opteron 170 3.0Ghz

So you Conroe fans Can you Dump every Link and Benchmark That can prove that Conroe is better than The Opteron 170 at 3.0GHz?

You're just asking to start a forum war. ENOUGH OF AMD VERSUS INTEL! THEY BOTH MAKE GOOD PRODUCTS; EITHER ONE IS FINE!

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Don't be an Intel fan, be a performance whore! Whore yourself to both companies! It doesn't matter whether its an Intel or AMD, just bend over to who ever has the best product currently, and then as soon as someone pushes out a better product, whore yourself to that product! For goodness sake, companies don't want fanboys, they want WHORES!!.... ok that sounded dodgy... meh who cares....

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
bigguy.jpg

JESUS Loves U !!!!!!

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
well to answer the aperant question an OCed Opteron running nearly 400Mhz faster then a conroe probably will be faster but a 3Ghz Conroe compared to a 3Ghz Opteron now that would be a nice race for sure ! It will be interesting to see who would win ;) my personal bet would be on the Conroe but its a newer chip so why wouldnt it ? but to be honest I dont think it will be by a whole lot.... the AMD64 design is pretty damn effecient and your not going to get a whole lot more IPC done. Hmmmm the wait is killing me I want to see AMD and Intel fight ! MORTAL KOMBAT !!!!! hahahah

muffin

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
"Hmmmm the wait is killing me I want to see AMD and Intel fight ! MORTAL KOMBAT !!!!! hahahah"
lol!
I'm hopin' it's right after the Wozniac/ Gates cage match...and I'm bettin' on Woz...especially if they can build their own battlebot sidekicks.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I said it soo often that he's like He'll just buy me that 2.66Ghz Conroe. But i myself want a Opteron 170 3.0Ghz

Lucky you....I wish I have one Conroe 2.66, and yes the Opteron(not sure about the model nubmer) at 3GHz is cool.
You have the right to choose and you can take whatever you want. Someone maybe wants 8086, someone maybe wants something else. If you have the money then you got the choice, so go get one.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Since I Probably will get the

CNR 6700- Conroe 2.67Ghz

Hopefully the Order or the mail comes in fast, I will try to Overclock it to ~3GHz

And I also Have the Money for an Opteron 170 and i Can just buy a 939-pin ASUS off of someone down at school. I Might just save enough from this Gift giving and this Buying 2nd Hand i could afford to get Heat Dissapating Copper Blocks or Copper airtubes.

Conroe: Would Adding a 4Megabyte BLOCK to an Opteron make it run as fast as Me??
Intel: No my son, it would just make it seem like it's doing a good job until it realizes that it has a L2 Cache Overload like you my son.

So I might have 2 Of the Fastest Computers by Christmas. In all of Toronto I hope :D

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
it's hard to say, I need to see benchmarks of the 3Ghz Opty compared to the benchmarks Intel released at IDF (the 2.66Ghz Conroe). I'm pretty sure that the Conroe would win, since it beat a FX-60 with a good margin. :)

that's my opinion.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I know Exactly! Nobody has or I can't find any Opty Benchmarks around, and the one i found is only a Memory Benchmarks not a processing or workload handling ones. BTW that was at 2.8Ghz and I'm saying a Server at 3.0Ghz

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
I know Exactly! Nobody has or I can't find any Opty Benchmarks around, and the one i found is only a Memory Benchmarks not a processing or workload handling ones. BTW that was at 2.8Ghz and I'm saying a Server at 3.0Ghz

that's a toughie... all we can do then is do some math calculations,... if Conroe at 2.66Ghz beats the FX-60 at 2.8Ghz by 20%, then it ought to beat the Opty at 3.0Ghz by 10%... roughly :?

I still have no clue as to real life performance. :roll:

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
So I might have 2 Of the Fastest Computers by Christmas. In all of Toronto I hope :D
They have computers in Canada?

I know I'm surprised too, I thought we'd be a nuclear power Considering We have the worlds Largest (sand)Oil, (raw)Uranium, And a Provance ful of Diamond Reserves(Yukon) and also have some Coal Reserves scattred around

Seeing the world prices for these 4 Natural Resourses Canada would be worth more than the World economy in a few decades or maybe a century or two.

This is crap...yet another Intel vs AMD thread...

...be a performance whore!

Effing A Bluefinger, effin A!!!!!! When I want the best performance for dollar, I don't care who's name is on the proc...

Conroe hasn't even been released yet to the market and this this guy wants to compare it to an oc'd opteron...give me an effin break...

WINDSHEAR

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
This is crap...yet another Intel vs AMD thread...

...be a performance whore!

Effing A Bluefinger, effin A!!!!!! When I want the best performance for dollar, I don't care who's name is on the proc...

Conroe hasn't even been released yet to the market and this this guy wants to compare it to an oc'd opteron...give me an effin break...

cuz he wants a good computer when it comes out. :roll: what do you care about his problem anyway :?:

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
yeah, i just wanna know which will be the better performer, Since i'm getting them both. And i will be Folding for THG wehn i set them both up. So a benifit for you and for me. :D