spanks

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Hey guys,
I have an asus A8N-Sli deluxe mobo. I need a program that I can monitor the cpu temp with. Asus probe doesn't work after the initial use after I install it. MBM 5 does not support any boards newer than 2004, which includes my board. Any other suggestions on a good program? I would like to really see how high the cpu temps get to under load. The best I had was to close the game or whatever and quickly check it, but it is unreliable and it cools down quickly. Thanks :) . Btw I have an AMD athlon 4000+ clawhammer. i think it is pushing 55 C on stock voltage, and that is getting up there in temps. I am slightly worried about that. At what point should I be worried?

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Hey guys,
I have an asus A8N-Sli deluxe mobo. I need a program that I can monitor the cpu temp with. Asus probe doesn't work after the initial use after I install it. MBM 5 does not support any boards newer than 2004, which includes my board. Any other suggestions on a good program? I would like to really see how high the cpu temps get to under load. The best I had was to close the game or whatever and quickly check it, but it is unreliable and it cools down quickly. Thanks :) . Btw I have an AMD athlon 4000+ clawhammer. i think it is pushing 55 C on stock voltage, and that is getting up there in temps. I am slightly worried about that. At what point should I be worried?

Don't get worried, download ASUS AI Booster.

~~Mad Mod Mike, fixin' the world 1 rig at a time

spanks

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
yeah, I downloaded the AI booster and it raped my cpu usage. Constantly going from 1% to 50%. I uninstalled and its workin fine now, like it used to. I had AI booster and after it was under load it showed 51 degrees. I had to close the program and then bring up ai booster to check. Also, it was just cs 1.6, which isn't the most cpu usage. What could I get to really get my cpu workin and then check my temps?

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
don`t worry my friend 55 degrees for a clawhammer is good.......
it could reach 60 ..70 under load but that`s normal ...... just make sure you have a good ventilated case...... :D

mbm5 should work...download a newer version.....

spanks

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Use Speedfan.
Keep it running at background then load then game. Benchmark/game for ~30minutes then check the temperature line gragh after closing the game to find your max. temperature when gaming.

Should be around 2C lower in load temperature compared to running Prime95.

Hey,
I got the program, and now I just can't quite tell which one is my cpu o.o
Also, it shows that I have 2 things at 120 deg c???
http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asdf1jb.jpg

Sorry for all the questions :oops: but I appreciate the help :D

spanks

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
ok, cool. Thanks a lot. The 120 ones, as it said on the website, were most likely unhooked temp sensors. My gpu's are running 50-70 deg. I get that from the nvidia drivers.