D: Drive question, please help!

This is a really dumb question I'm sure...but I'm not computer 'legite' so I
need some help.

What is the D Drive actually used for?

Can I install programs on that drive too? I bought the computer wanting a
lot of hard drive space...and from what I thought it was 80 GB...but...most
of that is on the D Drive, and the C Drive is where everything is saved....

Help?

Thanks so much!

Stefani
1 answer Last reply
More about drive question help

    "Stefani07" wrote:

    > This is a really dumb question I'm sure...but I'm not computer 'legite' so I
    > need some help.
    >
    > What is the D Drive actually used for?
    >
    > Can I install programs on that drive too? I bought the computer wanting a
    > lot of hard drive space...and from what I thought it was 80 GB...but...most
    > of that is on the D Drive, and the C Drive is where everything is saved....
    >
    > Help?
    >
    > Thanks so much!
    >
    > Stefani

    80 gigs is a good size
    what is D:\drive depends on your system on mine it is a CD-R burner and
    C:\drive is my hard drive (local disk) this is where all information is
    stored C:\drive should be the same for you as well this is your 80 gigs of
    space.
    D:\ for you could be a burner like mine or a DVD-rom or DVD burner it all
    depends on what came with your system.
    This is a standard setup, but you can create a partition and split your hard
    drive in two sections and the second one can be called D:\ drive but if you
    just brought this computer I doubt this is the case.
    Double click on "my computer" it should tell you what each drive is.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP