D: Drive question, please help!

September 11, 2004 3:07:05 AM

This is a really dumb question I'm sure...but I'm not computer 'legite' so I
need some help.

What is the D Drive actually used for?

Can I install programs on that drive too? I bought the computer wanting a
lot of hard drive space...and from what I thought it was 80 GB...but...most
of that is on the D Drive, and the C Drive is where everything is saved....

Help?

Thanks so much!

Stefani

More about : drive question

September 11, 2004 6:15:01 AM

"Stefani07" wrote:

> This is a really dumb question I'm sure...but I'm not computer 'legite' so I
> need some help.
>
> What is the D Drive actually used for?
>
> Can I install programs on that drive too? I bought the computer wanting a
> lot of hard drive space...and from what I thought it was 80 GB...but...most
> of that is on the D Drive, and the C Drive is where everything is saved....
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Stefani

80 gigs is a good size
what is D:\drive depends on your system on mine it is a CD-R burner and
C:\drive is my hard drive (local disk) this is where all information is
stored C:\drive should be the same for you as well this is your 80 gigs of
space.
D:\ for you could be a burner like mine or a DVD-rom or DVD burner it all
depends on what came with your system.
This is a standard setup, but you can create a partition and split your hard
drive in two sections and the second one can be called D:\ drive but if you
just brought this computer I doubt this is the case.
Double click on "my computer" it should tell you what each drive is.
!