Changing TCP/IP settings with script

Ho Can I change TCP /IP settings using a sript. As i have
varios Gateways to logon to and everytime have to
manually change Ip address settings where ever I go
5 answers Last reply
More about changing settings script

    from having DSL, dial up and now cable and 3 computers
    networked through a router
    this is what i always do:
    go into start
    run
    type in : winipcfg
    it takes you to a window
    hit release all then renew all it should restore the
    settings.
    that is if this is what you are using now even aol has
    setup expert auto detect as well.
    hope i was somewhat helpful for being a gal!

    For a mere $14 you can purchase an app called netswitcher from
    http://www.netswitcher.com/ it's a great product for the money.

    "Gerhard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Ho Can I change TCP /IP settings using a sript. As i have
    varios Gateways to logon to and everytime have to
    manually change Ip address settings where ever I go

    This is exactly what I need THANKS

    Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 7:36 PM
    Subject: Re: Changing TCP/IP settings with script

    Hi! Gerhard,
    You can use Netshell command (netsh) for your purpose.
    Here is how it works.
    Scenario:
    Firstly, you dump your network setting to a text file as follows:
    netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo1.txt
    This command stores your current network settings in txt file named NetworkSetsNo1.txt
    2ndly, you have to reconfigure your pc's network settings to use a different part of the network or else.
    then , again:
    netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo2.txt
    3rdly, you can make as many Network Settings as you want for your future use or restore the settings.

    Then later, if you need to reset your previous pc's Network Sets( say for example, first one....),
    just give next command ( supposing that you restore first one...);
    netsh -f NetworkSetsNo1.txt

    As far as script is concerned, you can do it by this scenario!
    ***
    Not script but you can use netswitcher:
    http://www.netswitcher.com/downloads.htm

    Good Luck!

    Hi! Guys,
    Sorry, mis-posted previous one. ( I did not intend to post it, should have been in my temp file...)
    I have not yet proofed tested posted-netsh and Gerhard is now happy, isn't he?
    I mistouched icon.... sorry.
    Best Luck every one!

    "Yujiro Oda" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ufg60nXmEHA.896@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

    > Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 7:36 PM
    > Subject: Re: Changing TCP/IP settings with script
    >

    > Hi! Gerhard,
    > You can use Netshell command (netsh) for your purpose.
    > Here is how it works.
    > Scenario:
    > Firstly, you dump your network setting to a text file as follows:
    > netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo1.txt
    > This command stores your current network settings in txt file named NetworkSetsNo1.txt
    > 2ndly, you have to reconfigure your pc's network settings to use a different part of the network or else.
    > then , again:
    > netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo2.txt
    > 3rdly, you can make as many Network Settings as you want for your future use or restore the settings.
    >
    > Then later, if you need to reset your previous pc's Network Sets( say for example, first one....),
    > just give next command ( supposing that you restore first one...);
    > netsh -f NetworkSetsNo1.txt
    >
    > As far as script is concerned, you can do it by this scenario!
    > ***
    > Not script but you can use netswitcher:
    > http://www.netswitcher.com/downloads.htm
    >
    > Good Luck!