Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Changing TCP/IP settings with script

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 11, 2004 3:09:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Ho Can I change TCP /IP settings using a sript. As i have
varios Gateways to logon to and everytime have to
manually change Ip address settings where ever I go
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:47:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>Ho Can I change TCP /IP settings using a sript. As i have
>varios Gateways to logon to and everytime have to
>manually change Ip address settings where ever I go
>.
>i can't say i reallly understand all your questionj but
from having DSL, dial up and now cable and 3 computers
networked through a router
this is what i always do:
go into start
run
type in : winipcfg
it takes you to a window
hit release all then renew all it should restore the
settings.
that is if this is what you are using now even aol has
setup expert auto detect as well.
hope i was somewhat helpful for being a gal!
September 12, 2004 1:40:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

For a mere $14 you can purchase an app called netswitcher from
http://www.netswitcher.com/ it's a great product for the money.

"Gerhard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:04e001c497c5$d85b9a90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
Ho Can I change TCP /IP settings using a sript. As i have
varios Gateways to logon to and everytime have to
manually change Ip address settings where ever I go
Related resources
September 13, 2004 5:17:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

This is exactly what I need THANKS
>-----Original Message-----
>For a mere $14 you can purchase an app called
netswitcher from
>http://www.netswitcher.com/ it's a great product for
the money.
>
>"Gerhard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:04e001c497c5$d85b9a90$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>Ho Can I change TCP /IP settings using a sript. As i have
>varios Gateways to logon to and everytime have to
>manually change Ip address settings where ever I go
>
>
>.
>
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 10:10:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: Changing TCP/IP settings with script


Hi! Gerhard,
You can use Netshell command (netsh) for your purpose.
Here is how it works.
Scenario:
Firstly, you dump your network setting to a text file as follows:
netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo1.txt
This command stores your current network settings in txt file named NetworkSetsNo1.txt
2ndly, you have to reconfigure your pc's network settings to use a different part of the network or else.
then , again:
netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo2.txt
3rdly, you can make as many Network Settings as you want for your future use or restore the settings.

Then later, if you need to reset your previous pc's Network Sets( say for example, first one....),
just give next command ( supposing that you restore first one...);
netsh -f NetworkSetsNo1.txt

As far as script is concerned, you can do it by this scenario!
***
Not script but you can use netswitcher:
http://www.netswitcher.com/downloads.htm

Good Luck!
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 11:34:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi! Guys,
Sorry, mis-posted previous one. ( I did not intend to post it, should have been in my temp file...)
I have not yet proofed tested posted-netsh and Gerhard is now happy, isn't he?
I mistouched icon.... sorry.
Best Luck every one!


"Yujiro Oda" <japan2001a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ufg60nXmEHA.896@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>
>
>
> Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 7:36 PM
> Subject: Re: Changing TCP/IP settings with script
>
>
> Hi! Gerhard,
> You can use Netshell command (netsh) for your purpose.
> Here is how it works.
> Scenario:
> Firstly, you dump your network setting to a text file as follows:
> netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo1.txt
> This command stores your current network settings in txt file named NetworkSetsNo1.txt
> 2ndly, you have to reconfigure your pc's network settings to use a different part of the network or else.
> then , again:
> netsh -c interface dump > NetworkSetsNo2.txt
> 3rdly, you can make as many Network Settings as you want for your future use or restore the settings.
>
> Then later, if you need to reset your previous pc's Network Sets( say for example, first one....),
> just give next command ( supposing that you restore first one...);
> netsh -f NetworkSetsNo1.txt
>
> As far as script is concerned, you can do it by this scenario!
> ***
> Not script but you can use netswitcher:
> http://www.netswitcher.com/downloads.htm
>
> Good Luck!
>
>
!