Windows 98 SNMP

Don't believe you can. The only server capabilities that are related and
which can be installed to Win98 is Personal Web Server. PWS doesn't,
AFAIK, include SNMP service.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"Tony" <tony@mec.com.jo> wrote in message
> Hi all
> do you know how can i install snmp service on a windows 98 se
> thanks
> Tony

Read here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/98/all/reskit/en-us/part5/wrkc23.mspx

"Tony" <tony@mec.com.jo> wrote in message
> Hi all
> do you know how can i install snmp service on a windows 98 se
> thanks
> Tony

Sure you can. Win9x/ME all have SNMP clients. Its on the CDROM.

--
Dave

| Don't believe you can. The only server capabilities that are related and
| which can be installed to Win98 is Personal Web Server. PWS doesn't,
| AFAIK, include SNMP service.
|
| --
| Gary S. Terhune
| MS MVP Shell/User
| http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
| http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
|
| "Tony" <tony@mec.com.jo> wrote in message
| > Hi all
| > do you know how can i install snmp service on a windows 98 se
| > thanks
| > Tony

My mistake. Was too tired and blitzy. Thinking of SMTP.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> Sure you can. Win9x/ME all have SNMP clients. Its on the CDROM.
>
> --
> Dave

> | Don't believe you can. The only server capabilities that are related
and
> | which can be installed to Win98 is Personal Web Server. PWS doesn't,
> | AFAIK, include SNMP service.
> |
> | --
> | Gary S. Terhune
> | MS MVP Shell/User
> | http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> | http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> |
> | "Tony" <tony@mec.com.jo> wrote in message
> | > Hi all
> | > do you know how can i install snmp service on a windows 98 se
> | > thanks
> | > Tony

When verbally expressed, I can't tell you how many people I have come across screw up the
acronyms for the Simple Mail Transport Protocol and Simple Network Management Protocol. It
happens seems to happen fairly often.

--
Dave

| My mistake. Was too tired and blitzy. Thinking of SMTP.
|
| --
| Gary S. Terhune
| MS MVP Shell/User
| http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
| http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm

| > Sure you can. Win9x/ME all have SNMP clients. Its on the CDROM.
| >
| > --
| > Dave
| >

| > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | Don't believe you can. The only server capabilities that are related
| and
| > | which can be installed to Win98 is Personal Web Server. PWS doesn't,
| > | AFAIK, include SNMP service.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Gary S. Terhune
| > | MS MVP Shell/User
| > | http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
| > | http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
| > |
| > | "Tony" <tony@mec.com.jo> wrote in message

| > |

Yeah, and I'm one of those who sub-vocalizes practically everything I
read, <g>. Had too many irons in the fire last night, trying to rescue
my wife's system from a bad drive being the primary one. Haven't managed
it yet. I dread reinstalling her system from scratch, but it may come to
that.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

> When verbally expressed, I can't tell you how many people I have come
across screw up the
> acronyms for the Simple Mail Transport Protocol and Simple Network
Management Protocol. It
> happens seems to happen fairly often.
>
> --
> Dave

> | My mistake. Was too tired and blitzy. Thinking of SMTP.
> |
> | --
> | Gary S. Terhune
> | MS MVP Shell/User
> | http://www.grystmill.com/articles/cleanboot.htm
> | http://www.grystmill.com/articles/security.htm
> |
> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
> | > Sure you can. Win9x/ME all have SNMP clients. Its on the CDROM.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Dave
> | >

> | > "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | and
> | > |
> | > |

> | > |

Rule #1

Always service the boss the *best* you can ;-)

--
Dave

| Yeah, and I'm one of those who sub-vocalizes practically everything I
| read, <g>. Had too many irons in the fire last night, trying to rescue
| my wife's system from a bad drive being the primary one. Haven't managed
| it yet. I dread reinstalling her system from scratch, but it may come to
| that.
|
| --
| Gary S. Terhune
| MS MVP Shell/User