Winlogon.exe

curious

I have a user that will get this message periodically throughout the day. My
gut tells me he has either a bad memory chip or a corrupt windows
installation. Here's the message...
"Winlogon.exe @017F..."

any suggestions?

That does not look like the complete exact error message, but winlogon.exe is a
WinXP/NT/2K file, and not found on a Win98 system. It *is* found on a system
infected with W32.Netsky.D @ mm:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.d@mm.html
Read the article for info on how to determine if it is on your system, and use the
removal tool:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky@mm.removal.tool.html

Are you using an anti-virus app with the latest updated signature files? What app,
and what is the date of the updates in use?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a user that will get this message periodically throughout the day. My
> gut tells me he has either a bad memory chip or a corrupt windows
> installation. Here's the message...
> "Winlogon.exe @017F..."
>
> any suggestions?

curious

I ran the Netsky fix utility and it cleaned it off. Thanks for the information

"glee" wrote:

> That does not look like the complete exact error message, but winlogon.exe is a
> WinXP/NT/2K file, and not found on a Win98 system. It *is* found on a system
> infected with W32.Netsky.D @ mm:
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.d@mm.html
> Read the article for info on how to determine if it is on your system, and use the
> removal tool:
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky@mm.removal.tool.html
>
> Are you using an anti-virus app with the latest updated signature files? What app,
> and what is the date of the updates in use?
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a user that will get this message periodically throughout the day. My
> > gut tells me he has either a bad memory chip or a corrupt windows
> > installation. Here's the message...
> > "Winlogon.exe @017F..."
> >
> > any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS