Winlogon.exe

I have a user that will get this message periodically throughout the day. My
gut tells me he has either a bad memory chip or a corrupt windows
installation. Here's the message...
"Winlogon.exe @017F..."

any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about winlogon

    That does not look like the complete exact error message, but winlogon.exe is a
    WinXP/NT/2K file, and not found on a Win98 system. It *is* found on a system
    infected with W32.Netsky.D @ mm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.d@mm.html
    Read the article for info on how to determine if it is on your system, and use the
    removal tool:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky@mm.removal.tool.html

    Are you using an anti-virus app with the latest updated signature files? What app,
    and what is the date of the updates in use?
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a user that will get this message periodically throughout the day. My
    > gut tells me he has either a bad memory chip or a corrupt windows
    > installation. Here's the message...
    > "Winlogon.exe @017F..."
    >
    > any suggestions?

    I ran the Netsky fix utility and it cleaned it off. Thanks for the information

    "glee" wrote:

    > That does not look like the complete exact error message, but winlogon.exe is a
    > WinXP/NT/2K file, and not found on a Win98 system. It *is* found on a system
    > infected with W32.Netsky.D @ mm:
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky.d@mm.html
    > Read the article for info on how to determine if it is on your system, and use the
    > removal tool:
    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.netsky@mm.removal.tool.html
    >
    > Are you using an anti-virus app with the latest updated signature files? What app,
    > and what is the date of the updates in use?
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a user that will get this message periodically throughout the day. My
    > > gut tells me he has either a bad memory chip or a corrupt windows
    > > installation. Here's the message...
    > > "Winlogon.exe @017F..."
    > >
    > > any suggestions?

Chip Microsoft Memory Windows