pc acting strangely

Not sure where to ask this question? My wife teaches some computer classes at
a school. She has a student that ocassionally has dental work and has xrays
and takes some medicine. When he comes back to school and sets at his
computer with out touching the pc it starts opening file and you have screen
upon screen. This clears up after several days. She has had him clean out his
pockets to make she he didn't have anything causing the problem. Has anyone
heard of anything like this happening and if so have you heard or read any
articles concerning this?
GeorgeLM

I doubt it has anything to do with him sitting there....it is most likely a
virus/trojan or spyware. Does the same thing occur when someone else uses the
computer, or is this person the only one who uses it?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"GeorgeLM" <GeorgeLM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure where to ask this question? My wife teaches some computer classes at
> a school. She has a student that ocassionally has dental work and has xrays
> and takes some medicine. When he comes back to school and sets at his
> computer with out touching the pc it starts opening file and you have screen
> upon screen. This clears up after several days. She has had him clean out his
> pockets to make she he didn't have anything causing the problem. Has anyone
> heard of anything like this happening and if so have you heard or read any
> articles concerning this?
> GeorgeLM

This pc is not connected to the internet.
GeorgeLM

"GeorgeLM" wrote:

> Not sure where to ask this question? My wife teaches some computer classes at
> a school. She has a student that ocassionally has dental work and has xrays
> and takes some medicine. When he comes back to school and sets at his
> computer with out touching the pc it starts opening file and you have screen
> upon screen. This clears up after several days. She has had him clean out his
> pockets to make she he didn't have anything causing the problem. Has anyone
> heard of anything like this happening and if so have you heard or read any
> articles concerning this?
> GeorgeLM

Not relevant....there are many ways to get malware on computer besides being on the
Internet. Is it on a network connected to other computers? Does it have a floppy
drive? These are also among the avenues for getting malware.
--

> This pc is not connected to the internet.
> GeorgeLM
>
> "GeorgeLM" wrote:
>
> > Not sure where to ask this question? My wife teaches some computer classes at
> > a school. She has a student that ocassionally has dental work and has xrays
> > and takes some medicine. When he comes back to school and sets at his
> > computer with out touching the pc it starts opening file and you have screen
> > upon screen. This clears up after several days. She has had him clean out his
> > pockets to make she he didn't have anything causing the problem. Has anyone
> > heard of anything like this happening and if so have you heard or read any
> > articles concerning this?
> > GeorgeLM

"> I doubt it has anything to do with him sitting there....it is most likely
> virus/trojan or spyware. Does the same thing occur when someone else uses
the
> computer, or is this person the only one who uses it?
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Hi.......
do- do do- do do- do do,,,,,,
sounds very much like too much merican' telly to me.
is there an 'alt.mulder' group on usenet?
does it happen when he's near XP?

regards Jane eeeeeeeeeeeeeee ooooooohhh

Are there others in the classroom? If so maybe he has a friend with a remote
or optical mouse playing tricks.
--
mae