HP printer and new motherboard not working together

I bought an HP 1310 Series All-in-one unit last December and it worked fine
for 2 months until I had my ABIT motherboard replaced with an ASUS
motherboard. Now the printer prints very, very slow. The printout looks fine.

The HP support tech thinks it is a USB device problem. In Device Manager
there are 2 Universal Serial Bus controller listings, and the tech said there
should be only one.

I need to know how to correct this situation>

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about printer motherboard working together

    The HP tech is wrong about the "only one USB controller" theory. Most
    motherboards have at least two. There's one entry in Device Manager for
    each USB port.

    You say you replaced the motherboard. Did you do it yourself? Did you
    reinstall Windows from scratch? If not, what did you do to update system
    drivers?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    > The HP tech is wrong about the "only one USB controller" theory. Most
    > motherboards have at least two. There's one entry in Device Manager for
    > each USB port.

    Conditional upon the onchip USB controller and USB Keyboard Support
    being enabled in the BIOS. If they are disabled, you will see diddly.

    Well, yes... But we were discussing a case in which USB was obviously
    enabled. HP Tech was claiming that there shouldn't be more than one such
    device in DM. Said Tech should be fired if s/he is that much of an idiot
    about the technology that is directly a part of his/her supposed area of
    expertise.

    Regardless, there isn't anything wrong with my statement--as far as
    Windows Device Manager is concerned, if the USB isn't enabled in BIOS,
    it doesn't exist, <sg>.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS MVP Shell/User

    "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

    > > The HP tech is wrong about the "only one USB controller" theory.
    Most
    > > motherboards have at least two. There's one entry in Device Manager
    for
    > > each USB port.
    >
    > Conditional upon the onchip USB controller and USB Keyboard Support
    > being enabled in the BIOS. If they are disabled, you will see diddly.

Hewlett Packard Motherboards Windows HP Printers